ndrivrrat

Hobart

Rate this Entry

6 Not allowed!
Were on Hobart on 12/19, 10" of ice on the North end where we were. Fishing was alright, did better than most that we talked to. Fish came in spurts, about once every 40-60 minutes. What are people seeing for ice thickness around the state?
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Hobart Lake

Comments

Was down on Rice Lake (Emmons County) on Saturday (12/18) and the ice was about 7.5 inches. On Sweet Briar yesterday (12/19) the ice was a solid 8 inches. Saw someone driving a Snow Bear out on the ice up in the north reach of the lake.

Rice Lake was hitting on and off, but such a light bite. Both walleye and perch were barely hitting. Took home 2 walleye and 13 perch total for the day. Plastic jigs and a new PK jointed jig seemed to work the best. For Sweet Briar, three small walleye was it for me.

Curious if there's much action up at New John's yet or the chain lakes.

4 Not allowed!
    I talked to a few freinds that were on New Johns/Heckers over the weekend. A lot of small perch and walleye, nothing worth keeping. I was up at Stober on Saturday and caught about a dozen small walleye (8 to 10 inches). Ice was 10 inches. I went to Josephine on Sunday and the ice was anywhere from 8 to 10 inches. We caught one northern.

5 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube