Vollmer

East End: Sakakawea

Rate this Entry

8 Not allowed!
Fished East Sak, for a chunk of the day, today. Pitching jig/minnow in 4-8 fow. We found a few, but for what we were seeing on the side imaging, I wouldn’t say we knocked it out of the park. Water temp, where we were at, was around 38 degrees. On the plus side, I moved my trolling batteries, and charger, from the front of the boat (under rod locker) to the back of the boat, plus added a 4” manual jack plate, and gained around 4 mph on the 2080.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Boat sit any differently in the water V with the batts in the back?

0 Not allowed!
    Good move. Adjusting weight load is a big deal.

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, I can now feel a slight lean to the left, due to the weight of the kicker, but it's not bad, and comes out of it quick as I get on plane.

2 Not allowed!
    I fished the east end Wednesday and Thursday and have quite a different report than you. I couldn't find fish in less than 18', and couldn't get them to bite on the jig&minnow. Every fish I caught was on a jig and plastic, most of which in 20+ feet of water. Fishing was slow for me, but they were quality, one being a 6lber.

4 Not allowed!
    Any reports on water temperatures back in some of the bays? Any ramp work on the east end?

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube