Vollmer

New Town - Lake Sakakawea

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

7 Not allowed!
A buddy and I went out to the New Town area on Sunday, and found a mess of post-spawn walleye. 50 degree water to start the day, that warmed up to a surface temp of 54 by the afternoon. We caught our fish on jig/minnow, lindy/minnow, and crankbaits. The fish sure seemed plump and healthy, and there is a large class of 16-19" fish in the system.

More info in the video:
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

how was the launch? Think a 25' Pontoon could still get in the water at the Marina?

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, it should be no problem.

0 Not allowed!
    Headed down there in the morning. Should be a good time.

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck, Petras.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the report, Vollmer. Did you try both up and down from New Town?

0 Not allowed!
    I only fished North of the bridge.

0 Not allowed!
    The fishing is good. Was out Thursday got on the water around noonish or 1. It didn't take too long. Fish went all afternoon. Minnows n jigs still the dominator. You will get some on bouncers too. I'd run 1 bouncer and a jig on your other setup for sure. Hopefully these rain pockets don't mess stuff up, the weather has been steady all week. Will be out Saturday morning at the crackass o dawn.

1 Not allowed!
    How bout those lines at the marina. There was a 34 caught saturday morning.

1 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube