Petras

Van Hook 6/11

Rate this Entry

15 Not allowed!
The old man and I went out to the hook yesterday. Had to stay fairly close to the ramp just in case I was called out to work. We stayed in the northern part of the arm and targeted 10-14 FOW around a (formerly) submerged island. Water temp was around 61 degrees.
We had minnows, crawlers, and leeches in the water, but once again crawlers were the winner for the day and .8-1.0mph seemed to be the speed they liked.

These two rigs were easily the best performers for us.
https://www.legendarytacklecompany.c...&category_id=2

https://www.legendarytacklecompany.c...&category_id=2

We had our limit of very healthy 16-20" eyes in about 3 hours. We probably could have been done sooner if we would have moved around a bit, but every time we started talking about moving to a new spot we picked up a fish...
Name:  20220611_112255.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  91.5 KB
Name:  20220611_121542.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  59.5 KB

P.S. Used the Bubba Blade 120v filet knife yesterday for the first time and it was great.

Comments

so your saying you sat on whiteys with the battalion of boats
    good fishing up and down the arm. best action for use was pitching shallow
    nice report!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdinny
    so your saying you sat on whiteys with the battalion of boats
    good fishing up and down the arm. best action for use was pitching shallow
    nice report!
    Actually we didn't touch whiteys. The most we had around us at any given time was 2 boats. We kicked around the idea of hitting fox and ricks, but never made there.

0 Not allowed!
    smartest thing you can do. those community holes can and will kick out good fish but what a pain in the ass fishing them.
    we got our fish little further south .

1 Not allowed!
    best fishing up there is when your alone.......never understood why people drive into a crowd of boats

1 Not allowed!
    Watching boats pile in and out of the Flag area always cracks me up.

2 Not allowed!
    To be honest, I look for the pile of boats and then go the other way lol. One of the things I love about the hook is there are so many places to catch fish, and running around exploring and finding them is half the fun

1 Not allowed!
    That’s the truth. Finding new spots is half the fun of it. I guess one positive of the pile of boats is it forces me to find new stuff and there so much stuff to fish up there you can’t hit it all if you tried

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube