cooper

Burbot? (Not a report)

Rate this Entry

0 Not allowed!
Was wondering if many people target or just unintentionally have any luck catching burbot in the tailrace?
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Missouri River

Comments

Used to get them alot in past years--last few years: pretty slim pickens!

0 Not allowed!
    You'll have equal chances pulling up burbot from Lake Audubon during ice season. I was raised to toss them on the ice by my uncle and let them die. Now, I've learned their meat is pretty tasty and will keep them in the bucket instead of releasing or tossing out on the ice.

0 Not allowed!
    Updated 11-02-2018 at 09:21 AM by Up Y'oars
    Forgot to put on my previous report we caught a 3 to 4 pound ling with 3 ways in the chutes last friday as well.

0 Not allowed!
    My ole man got one in the chutes using 3 ways 2 wknds who up there

0 Not allowed!
    Fish smelt on a Lindy in the slack water along the rocks on the west side of the tailrace.

0 Not allowed!
    four bears bridge ,vert. jig with a big glow spoon, or a big glow 1/2 oz. jig and a minnow head,

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Up Y'oars
    You'll have equal chances pulling up burbot from Lake Audubon during ice season. I was raised to toss them on the ice by my uncle and let them die. Now, I've learned their meat is pretty tasty and will keep them in the bucket instead of releasing or tossing out on the ice.
    That's called wanton waste. Illegal and unethical. Ling are great tasting fish. I keep them whenever I am lucky enough to catch one.

0 Not allowed!
    Caught a half dozen or so in the tailrace last Sunday.

0 Not allowed!
    Caught one in a shield lake in Quebec once. Was nearly laughed out of fish camp. Damn it was tasty though.

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter