Buying gold and silver.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed on spot premiums for silver eagles, they keep going up. I have them, but also have rounds and bars.
I did the bulk of buying when silver dropped down in that 15 16 range a few years ago but thinking about getting a little more. Have always used APMEX but recently started looking at Money Metals Exchange. I bought some copper Indianhead 1 ounce coins from there about two weeks ago that I’ll probably give out as gifts.
If you buy physical silver, keep it in a climate controlled area. Put them in the basement where it is damp, you will regret that. I had some in a safety deposit box at a credit union that tarnished. I now keep them in the gun safe with dehumidifier rods.
Im thinking about vacuum sealing them with silica packs and keeping in my gun safe. I suppose you could just submerge them in mineral oil or something also to keep oxidation at bay.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bad time to buy gold it is at all time high so is silver. I bought 20 years ago makes me happy now frinking stock market sucks

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What kind of advice is this?
Because it is at a all time high can it go higher sure I go by last 20 years. Also my finacial advisor tells me too, do as you wish. Like stock market do you buy when it is high?

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bad time to buy gold it is at all time high so is silver. I bought 20 years ago makes me happy now frinking stock market sucks
??
With the state of inflation, banks buyouts/support and when the fed reduces the rate, gold will rise even more. Silver too.

When rates are increased, the dollar will fall ---- gold/silver are valued in dollars Gees Beaver I wonder what will happen to the price of gold and silver. : )

Read about the state of affairs in the global financial markets. All is not good.

All that easy money is going to make its impact in a really big way.

Just my 2 cents worth.

If you noticed how bitcoin is recently increasing in value too.

Good luck yall.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Here are a couple of routes other than buying physical items.

Be careful of the volatility. Buyer beware.

gold one.JPG
silver 1.JPG
bitcoin 1.JPG

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Junk silver is uber HOT right now if you can get your hands on any..

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can buy and sell it.
No one says you have to buy it and keep it forever.
Right. But why do that on gold? A scoop of minnows I understand but not precious metals.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Right. But why do that on gold? A scoop of minnows I understand but not precious metals.
ok

Tell you what.

Go buy a $100 worth of minnows today.
I will go buy a $100 worth of gold.

We will see who is ahead in 30 days. 6 months and 1 year.

Deal?

Gold is at $1981/ounce

I will revisit this in 30 days, 6 months and 1 year.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
ok

Tell you what.

Go buy a $100 worth of minnows today.
I will go buy a $100 worth of gold.

We will see who is ahead in 30 days. 6 months and 1 year.

Deal?

Gold is at $1981/ounce

I will revisit this in 30 days, 6 months and 1 year.
Relax. Im not saying I dont think gold is good! Im saying it is bullshit to tell someone not to invest today and use 20 years ago it was cheaper as an example. Guess what they dont make anymore? Gold. It will always be worth something so it is a good store of value, not something to be super profitable at in trading. Good grief man.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
20 years ago would have been great. I think the ones interested now have a pretty good opportunity. Silver is about 5bucks below where it was a year ago so it’s not a bad time to buy.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
More valueable than gold IMO would be fully transferable full auto machine guns. They don't allow any more to be registered so they only go up in value. Wished I'd have bought 20 to 25 years ago because some of the ones I looked at back then have tripled in value. THough I'd have probably spent more in ammuntion in that time and probably wore it out.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
??
With the state of inflation, banks buyouts/support and when the fed reduces the rate, gold will rise even more. Silver too.

When rates are increased, the dollar will fall ---- gold/silver are valued in dollars Gees Beaver I wonder what will happen to the price of gold and silver. : )

Read about the state of affairs in the global financial markets. All is not good.

All that easy money is going to make its impact in a really big way.

Just my 2 cents worth.

If you noticed how bitcoin is recently increasing in value too.

Good luck yall.
Bitcoin is worst investment it has no backing by no one, look at those who have lost. Way better ways to invest one's money if need be. I know some of you spun the wheel of fortune and did ok you where lucky.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75