Crazy Hunter Harassment Duck Hunting In North Dakota (Game Warden Involved!)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not saying not to use onx or that onx isn't close it's situations, it's when inches or feet may make a difference i wouldn't trust it. Yes a lot of dat is tied in with gps now, but many parcels are not especially if it's never been sold or needed to be done and was sold based on legal description. At that point the plats are plotted off of old descriptions hopefully from a known point but small errors grow the farther you get from the known point.

There is a lot of coordinate adjustments and other factors that go into accurate survey data. Even though surveying is a big portion of my professional career i wouldn't trust myself to go off of city plat and gis data to stake my own property for a fence if there were no property corners found. I'm sure i could get it close with a couple long tape measures and i could put the fence up and 99 times out of a 100 the neighbors wouldn't know any better or make a big stink about it, but the 1 time a neighbor would, i would have to get a professional survey done, if my fence was on their property i would have to move it. Just like in this situation almost everytime there wouldn't be a big confrontation about hunting on or near the property line. but i would assume if the landowner caused a big enough stink and pushed it far enough, had the survey done and were able to prove they were on his property he could charge them for trespass.

This is all hypothetical, maybe he recently had a property survey done on that field for some reason and knew where the property line actually was or had a good idea. Maybe he did decide to stay back a ways with his corn field and the other landowne decided to plant it, or the other landowner planted beans before his corn and this guy instead of planting over his beans stayed to the inside. If we are going to trust a phone gps and onx i don't know why we wouldn't trust the multi thousand dollar gps systems on tractors now days. i could hunt the rest of my life and probably never experience this, but a pissed off landowner can sure create problems like the guy in wyoming about corner crossing.
While I completely disagree with the Wyoming law what those guys did was knowingly break a law.

deleted—account

The kid in the video Jacob Sweere shot someone while hunting too close to building in Minnesota. The kids aren’t good and they stayed calm cause they knew they were gonna get a good video and make money. Not to mention you can’t film on private land so the video won’t stand in court. The old farmer is just pissed off, the kids are malicious.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The kid in the video Jacob Sweere shot someone while hunting too close to building in Minnesota. The kids aren’t good and they stayed calm cause they knew they were gonna get a good video and make money. Not to mention you can’t film on private land so the video won’t stand in court. The old farmer is just pissed off, the kids are malicious.
Do you have a link to info on the shooting incident with the filmer? I don't see anything with my inadequate Googlometry skills.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah its nothing but jibberish , no new info at all .. BTW I refuse to pay for those sites , there is always some other way to get the info .
As soon as you click the link, turn the internet off. It'll load the page and not the pay wall.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Screenshot_20221027-221540.png

deleted—account

If I was the land owners, I would sue the kids for monetizing a video without permission. They probably made 50k so far I would want my cut.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member

deleted—account

That’s all I have on it. I don’t have a YouTube account. Someone should post this. That poor farmer is not the bad guy here..these YouTubers set this stuff up for views.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Looks like the felony was dismissed. MN circuit court has the info. Ticket for an extra fishing line in there as well. I don't think I would've chosen to be a social media outdoorsman with his kind of record
Screenshot_20221027-223154.png

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s all I have on it. I don’t have a YouTube account. Someone should post this. That poor farmer is not the bad guy here..
I'd like to see the verdicts on what Mr. Sweere was convicted of. While the farmer may not be "the bad guy", he certainly didn't handle it with actions that reflected favorably on him.

deleted—account

I will add one more thing. If you are a fellow farmer and giver permission. Explicitly say no filming allowed of any kind. Save yourself the headache. The YouTubers will walk away at that point.

No he didn’t, but he was played. These videos are cut up to portray someone in a certain light. We probably got 1/10th of it. Those boys were seeing dollar signs when that was going down.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you for the link. Do you have a link that shows conviction for the alleged crimes? Count I is marked as a felony in the complaint as I read it so he shouldn't have been in possession of a gun if he was found guilty.

It's on the MN court records public search. I looked at it yesterday , he got out of the felony charges and was charged with a misdemeanor instead. He was on probation for 1 year. funny too that part of the charges were no violations for one year, He got caught with an extra fishing line but that didn't go against him. He also got busted in ND for no fishing license and aquatic something or another. Hope he stays in MN to hunt from now on.

deleted—account

It's on the MN court records public search. I looked at it yesterday , he got out of the felony charges and was charged with a misdemeanor instead. He was on probation for 1 year. funny too that part of the charges were no violations for one year, He got caught with an extra fishing line but that didn't go against him. He also got busted in ND for no fishing license and aquatic something or another. Hope he stays in MN to hunt from now on.
I hope every farmer in ND takes a good look at this face and his buddies. I wouldn’t want them hunting my land.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't want him hunting in the same state. We have enough problems of our own with hunter/landowner relations we don't need him coming in and pissing more people off.

deleted—account

Yea no kidding. These YouTubers do this on purpose for views. The more extreme it is the more views they get and the more money they make. I feel bad for the farmer, he was really the one blind sided.

You notice the one kid does all the talking and is calm. The other kid was probably bad cop working him up and they cut that out.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I won't stick up for the farmer , He could have handled the situation a lot better than that. Both the Sweere kid and the farmer could use some lessons on sportsmanship. The others , I don't know what degree they were involved in these shenanigans.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
They're on my do not watch list for sure. Although most YouTube hunting/fishing influencer content is trash anyways. Seems more and more likely both sides did not handle themselves well and the farmer gets trashed because of a "well edited" video.

deleted—account

I won't stick up for the farmer , He could have handled the situation a lot better than that. Both the Sweere kid and the farmer could use some lessons on sportsmanship. The others , I don't know what degree they were involved in these shenanigans.
My point is, we don’t know what the others said to the farmer. They might have said worse?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80