Need Elk?

64Mustang

Founding Member
Founding Member
While Deer hunting in 4B this weekend, I saw numerous small herds (both cows and bulls) of Elk on public land. I put one guy on a lone 6 by 6 that was bedded and him and his buddy were successful in their stalk on the bull. I will share the locations to the first 2 people that pm me. There is plenty of room for 2 different hunters to hunt there, but I am not willing to share the location online and have 10-20 different hunters show up there. I will update the post once 2 people contact me.

Unit is E2. One taker to my offer so far. Anyone else still looking in E2 that wants some good spots to look for an elk?

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The peace garden area has all kinds of elk like many hundreds. And they have started herding up. Tag or not.
Come on up, but then that is a bit away from western nd. db

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
db when I was a kid and old timer said tribal members could hunt big game year around on the rez. Was or is that true ?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
db when I was a kid and old timer said tribal members could hunt big game year around on the rez. Was or is that true ?
Pretty much true if you know your treaty rights. So each reservation may have different wording in the treaty. But I hear stories at SR, there are those that never get the tribal tags and when the tribal GW gives them a ticket, they fight it in tribal court and win.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Doesn't even have to be on the rez. In places like unit 23 here, it's estimated more than 20,000 caribou are shot and never reported each year. Mostly cows and calves. I've seen tons of cases of musk ox being shot near villages and it's handled in tribal court. Was a case of about 30 caribou getting shot and left to rot up by Point Hope a few years ago and it was handled in village court. As long as they're on federal land, nothing ever happens. They get an afternoon of community service and are hunting the next weekend. There's also a guy that is always posting on a hunting FB page that shoots double digit moose every year off the road system. He just stays on various chunks of tribal land throughout the state and does what he wants on it. Then we have to listen to all the "respect for nature" BS.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Can be a bitch being a white, privilege male.
But for myself, i am comfortable with that role and all the white male privileges they think i have. Would have it no other way.
Wonder what the chances are of being in that role with all that are born. db

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think SL is right , I thought it was Friday too.
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 5.00.08 PM.png

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reminds me of the crying indian commercial back in the don't be a litter bug days of my youth...
Should have seen the damn mess they made during pipeline protest by CannonBall ND few years back. That was all bull shit cost county millions. I have zero respect for none. I even get the privilege to work in these places around state what a shit shows, can't believe we still pay them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80