• Not yet

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Is it open water season yet?

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I made it out, over the holiday weekend. The fishing was pretty good, and the weather was too. I seem to get a kick out of that first ice fishing trip of the year. Now, time to log a few more outings. Have you been out yet? Going soon?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have i ever! Usually its the first trip where i realize i need to address some issues... like packing, or equipment problems. It took me the second trip to hit a SNAFU. Luckily, i realized i forgot to pack the auger 10 miles from the house... which in my eyes was way better than unloading at the lake.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is anybody else noticing a size problem on Audobon this year or have I just been in the wrong spots. So far after a handful of outtings, 14" is the average fish. Unfortunately that is on par with their netting results. Sakakawea can't come soon enough.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
Im getting chonks on audobahn. Hard to fill a limit though. Losing most the fish I hook and most fish on the vexilar wont even eat.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
I saw a few mini perch last week. Ive only been out twice though so my sample size is small. Ive never seen jumbos there. Im going wednesday night.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im getting chonks on audobahn. Hard to fill a limit though. Losing most the fish I hook and most fish on the vexilar wont even eat.
I couldn't get em to eat last night. rest of last week wasn't a problem tho. I've been west for majority of time, went to velva last night.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw folks walking out on both Lund's Landing E of Williston and on Haybale Bay on Devils yesterday. I thought they needed in intervention. No fish has ever pissed me off that bad.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
I couldn't get em to eat last night. rest of last week wasn't a problem tho. I've been west for majority of time, went to velva last night.
What is Velva? Ive been ice camping over night. First night was right off the ramp in Nelson. Then last week I camped on south end of lake. They must have changed the rules to allow adjescent parking along their "tour road". I may check out north end next. But usually I stop and fish the first water I see because ADHD.

I rarely ever get to see the north end of Sak. I understand it freezes before the rest of the lake. If theres at least 3 inches, Id walk it with all the usual safety equipment and precautions. But my end of Sak is still open.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw folks walking out on both Lund's Landing E of Williston and on Haybale Bay on Devils yesterday. I thought they needed in intervention. No fish has ever pissed me off that bad.

Upper red evacuation today. The iceberg -- luckily very little wind today. Tommorow a different situation. I gotta be doing something wrong - long holiday weekend and 100 plus people fishin Monday.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
Was there any sign of that happening? Is this phenonoma common on Red? I know last year the high winds on Lake Superior broke the ice off the bank and floated off dozens of anglers. Being that Superior never locks up completely, it was sort of predictable with that wind.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20221125_172616.jpg

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First trip out was Saturday on Audubon - Turtle Lake ramp area. Ice was 6-8 inches everywhere I drilled. Fished from 3 to 530 in the afternoon...very slow/one bite. Gonna try the Lane ramp area Thursday afternoon. There were several wheelers running around Saturday...which kinda surprised me!

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hit up springbrook with my boy on Sunday it was a dead sea except for the muskrat that popped up my boys hole and scared him off his chair it was pretty funny. Ice was 6-8 inches all the way across.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was there any sign of that happening? Is this phenonoma common on Red? I know last year the high winds on Lake Superior broke the ice off the bank and floated off dozens of anglers. Being that Superior never locks up completely, it was sort of predictable with that wind.
this happens almost every year on upper red

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76