Population Explosion of Canadian "Super Pigs" Could Spread Into the Northern U.S.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I asked about Javelina when we first moved down here, I was told by many that most White people don't or won't eat them but Mexicans will. There are a few Whites that I know that eat them or should say have tried them.
When I was told that I said what the heck should it matter they are a pig correct? Was then told, no they are a "rodent". Never knew that before and If I was ever told that, I long forgot it. I do know they can be one mean S.O.B.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Javelina are definitely edible but if your comparing any part of the process to pork you might as well feed it to the other Javelin'as

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
shoot every wild pig you see, you're protecting someones property and or crops. No one needs them rooting up fields.

I've always been told about butchering domesticated pigs that you don't ever want to eat boar meat. Was always told it had a smell even when being cooked and tasted terrible. Was told you had to casterate them months before butchering. Now days everyone shoots wild boars and claim they're the best eating. I'm like wtf its a boar I thought they stunk and tasted like shit.
I think this is a terminology problem. "Boar" is supposed to refer to a male pig, whereas "sow" refers to a female. "Wild boar" is a misnomer. It should be "wild (or feral) pigs".
Having grown up on a pig farm, I find the term "wild boar" even more irritating than "antelope" (pronghorn) or "buffalo" (bison).
Like their domesticated cousins, wild sows are much better eating than the boars.
And yes, when bred for the table, domesticated pigs are typically castrated when only a few weeks old. Just two slices with a scalpel and rip. Good times...

Bobkat

Established Member
I asked about Javelina when we first moved down here, I was told by many that most White people don't or won't eat them but Mexicans will. There are a few Whites that I know that eat them or should say have tried them.
When I was told that I said what the heck should it matter they are a pig correct? Was then told, no they are a "rodent". Never knew that before and If I was ever told that, I long forgot it. I do know they can be one mean S.O.B.
You are right, Jack! Juvenil la are only very distantly related biologically to the pig family and are more of a rodent. Some whites and some Mexicans do eat the things but only if really cared for properly ( as properly as possible), LOL) especially while skinning or caring for the meat. Always have at least three or four knives and stay well away from that stinky gland on their back. One micro drop of that stuff would make the entire carcass smell and taste like a cross between a skunk and your dogs anal gland secretions.
A fellow in our development here in Havasu brought back the hind quarters of a fairly young one, grilled it and invited anyone and everyone to try it. Actually most tried it, a few wouldn’t. I might eat a bit if I were really hungry or starving but would walk a mile on bloody stumps to avoid it! Give me a Culver’s butterburger any day……

Bobkat

Established Member
Hey broke back - totally off topic but I’m too old and stupid to know how to pm you. A while ago you led a discussion on ham radio. Wondering if you got your ticket? Thought I’d mention a week long “ ham fest” over at Quartzite, ( google Quartzfest) lots of seminars, some off radio topics like intro to metal detectors and other non radio stuff. It’s quite aways from you but if you were interested we could meet for an eyeball. Or hook up thru a repeater link sometime. Thought about U while going thru Flagstaff a while back, hoping you were doing OK!
There’s also a winter field day put on by the local club here next Sat and Sun at the off road trail in Standard Wash, south of town. Could be fun. I even brought down my keyer to work contest CW - very few of us old timers still around that cut our ham teeth on the old old push and click Keyers from the old days. Hope u r doing OK, anyway!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to say, it wasn't me with the Ham radio topic.
Must have been someone else or I did it in my sleep?

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey broke back - totally off topic but I’m too old and stupid to know how to pm you. A while ago you led a discussion on ham radio. Wondering if you got your ticket? Thought I’d mention a week long “ ham fest” over at Quartzite, ( google Quartzfest) lots of seminars, some off radio topics like intro to metal detectors and other non radio stuff. It’s quite aways from you but if you were interested we could meet for an eyeball. Or hook up thru a repeater link sometime. Thought about U while going thru Flagstaff a while back, hoping you were doing OK!
There’s also a winter field day put on by the local club here next Sat and Sun at the off road trail in Standard Wash, south of town. Could be fun. I even brought down my keyer to work contest CW - very few of us old timers still around that cut our ham teeth on the old old push and click Keyers from the old days. Hope u r doing OK, anyway!
probably 2400 ..
Ham.JPG

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
1681481870933.png

Oops... Lunk already posted - sorry.
No big guywhoshares I have been known to post information someone else has already posted. Its all good 👍
Anyways that's quite a good distance from the Canadian border only a matter of time we wil be hearing more of these types of incidents in the near future.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85