Stink lake

WonderBread

I have never fished stink lake before. Is there fish all through the lake or do people mainly just fish a certain part of it? I was interested in trying the section south of the railroad track but assume most people fish the large part north of it.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have hardwater fished along the tracks. Its a much steeper drop off than I anticipated. Haven't been there in almost two years now but if memory serves me correct, we didn't have many marks and didn't catch a fish. Again, two years ago.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
You talking the one by Medina? Not sure I've ever seen a house on it.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I rarely see people on it and I drive by it a few times a week. Far more houses and people ice fishing crystal springs, or the other 100 sloughs in that area.

Mr. Pike

Can you get to Stink Lake from Reule Lake by boat? I know there's a ramp at Reule?

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually see people between the road and tracks.
1674575972333.png

Mr. Pike

I wonder if there's some way a guy could get a boat in at Stink Lake. I thought of driving around the barrier they have on old Highway 10 and unhooking the boat and spinning it around. Don't know how I'd get the truck turned around though.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
$250 fine going around barriers, just saying.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
From ND Century Code:
24-03-05. Closing of roads - Penalty for passing over road or removing barricade. Whenever, during the construction work on any state highway or at any other time, it may be necessary to prevent traffic from passing over any portion of such highway, the department may close such portion of the highway to all traffic by causing to be posted in a conspicuous manner, at the ends of the portion of the highway so closed, suitable signs warning the public that such road is closed under authority of law, and by the erection of suitable barricades, fences, or other obstructions. The driver, or owner, or both, of any vehicle, self-propelling or otherwise, passing through, over, or around any such barricade, fence, or other obstruction so placed, or any person opening, removing, or defacing any such barricade, fence, or other obstruction, or any such warning sign, without written permission from the engineer in charge of the work, or in charge of such highway, or any person willfully causing any damage to the work under construction, is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

Also from the Century Code, the penalty part:

Class A misdemeanor, for which a maximum penalty of imprisonment for three hundred sixty days, a fine of three thousand dollars, or both, may be imposed.

Mr. Pike

That's ok. I'm sure that road will be underwater this summer from all the snow melt off we're going to have

Mr. Pike

I doubt if the Stuttsman County sheriff would have any objections to a guy launching a canoe there. Just park your truck on the other side of the barrier.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
High enough water, can probably go along RR right of way from Crystal Springs to Stink by boat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74