Warm Hoodie

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been looking for a hoodie that's a little warmer than the average cotton one. Something with some insulation but not terribly bulky under $100. Would prefer one without a zipper but that's not a deal breaker. Any recommendations?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carhart sweatshirts/hoodies are usually quite a bit heavier than others.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd go with a "puffy" or light synthetic jacket. You can find them under $100. Down gets expensive but synthetic is reasonable. I have a zip up one from Arcterx that was not cheap, but weighs 12 oz and is stupid warm for what it is. Layered with a shell over or base layer under is excellent.

nybs

Honored Member
I’ve got a couple Under Armour ones that are good - warmer than a standard cotton hoodie and no zipper. Mine are called ‘Cold Gear’ and they’re nice...think I got them at home of economy in the $70 range couple years back.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
my sitka fanatic hoodie is more expensive but i would sell a nut for it

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It all depends what your using it for. If your looking for a tough work sweatshirt a Sherpa lined Carhart may be your best bet. If your looking for something with a little more performance fabric UA does have some decent ones. If your looking for lightweight warmth find a good down or synthetic hoody on sale. Vests are also an option over your hoody to give more core warmth.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
For warmth without any activity, I use an insulated windbreaker. For warmth while being active, the canvas outer with insulated inner of most ranch wear gets the nod from me. Price means next to nothing when the cold prompts big jim and the twins to fight to see who gets to head inside first and look out your belly button.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Under Armour Cold Gear hoodie + Under Armour Base layer 3.0 or 4.0 - works for me

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rogue Fleece Hoody by Simms. They say water resistant. I fished for hours in hard rain, and didn't get wet. If that's water resistant, the water proof stuff must be better than a frog's butt.

It's lined with some pretty good fleece, full zipper and handwarmer pockets. Comes in a couple of colors and is currently right at $100 smackers.

I'm 6'0", about 190, and I have an XL and it's actually a bit big on me. Coulda wore a L.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/mens/jackets/rogue-fleece-hoody-1

I've got a few pieces of Simms stuff, and have never been disappointed one bit, aside from buying the wrong size (my fault).
[/FONT]

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I get my hoodies from a mail order place on the East coast called Haband. They are warm as hell and not costly but are a little heavy.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I brought the little boys skating at the community arena many years ago and the phone rang and nobody else answered so I grabbed it and a lady from Canada introduced herself and she asked if anyone found a green kangaroo, I had to ask twice what she said to make sure I was hearing her right and yup her son lost his green kangaroo. She sounded credible but I had no clue what she was talking about, I stumbled for words till she told me it had a Brandon Wheat kings logo on it. At first I was thinking, WTH is this lady smoking. There are more than a few words they use 6 miles North that we hardly ever hear on this side of the 49th.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont buy under armor anymore unless its on clearance... F them! Fleece is super warm. love my fleece vests, best of both worlds, keeps your core warm, but allows heat to dissipate if you get too hot via your arms and hands.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If for work get something carhart or Dickies. It really is tougher material. Sitka stuff wouldn’t last a day on a jobsite. If for hunting there’s lots of options for something synthetic and other layering pieces

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pretty much wear my fanatic or core heavy weight every day at work. Concrete and dirt work all around construction and they are no worse for it. My jet stream vest is pretty much always on to.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76