stem cell

toddy

Did anyone go to the seminars concerning stem cell injections for pain relief or have the procedure done? Wondering if it is legit or voodoo. Seems to be an odd way of marketing.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I haven't gone or done much research into it.

Funny story though, we recently had to buy some square bales for my wife's horse. Bought them from a guy north of the AFB, north of Minot. We got to talking about the ailments of the horse and he started talking about some stem cell pills and anti-inflammatory pills. Made from some kind of algae from some special lake I think. Only 75$ per bottle. Said her horse would be healthy and back to normal after 2 bottles of each pill per month, 300$ per month. But beat around the bush on how many months it would take. He showed us a "study" that was done on ailing horses. We took a look and it looked like a 6 year old typed it up.

Turns out he is a "distributor or dealer" for the pills. Not FDA approved or anything like that. He was making some pretty remarkable claims. Said he was almost completely blind, and the pills cured his blindness. He also said he beat 23 other diseases with the pills. Claimed the pills cured a guy with a brain tumor.

Now, I don't know much about stem cells, but I think this guy just might've caught Jesus Christ and put him in a bottle. :::

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sister who had knee replacement swears by it.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the little I've read about it, they use your own bodies stem cells taken from marrow and fat. They use a process to condense these stem cells and then inject them into your knee, elbow, whatever hurts. Supposedly speeds up your bodies own healing process. I read about pro athletes that have been using this stem cell therapy and some swear by it to help heal injuries and keep them playing. What I also read is that no one can prove that it actually works but also no one can prove that it doesn't work. I wondered how this was legal in the US as I thought stem cell research was illegal. They get around this by using the patients own stem cells. If you want stem cell therapy from aborted fetuses then you have to go to Mexico or some other country.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife had stem cell therapy at Rejue medical out of Waite Park MN. She had her knee scoped a yr ago last July and still had pain. Last Oct she had the stem cell injected into her knee and has zero pain. Took about 2 weeks and all pain was gone.

Insurance does not cover any of the treatment so all out of pocket about $8000.00

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The local meeting for Stem Cell therapy in Bismarck was to be this past Wednesday I think. I had intended on going as a buddy of mine had an extra ticket. He called to inform me that it was postponed to the 27th due to the weather we had. I can report back on the 27th or 28 after the meeting.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I Have seen good things come from the stem cell treatment for cancer. Have two friends that have had good results from the treatments.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of course insurance won't cover it. They can make a lot more money if you go under the knife!

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of course insurance won't cover it. They can make a lot more money if you go under the knife!

Actually insurance companies make more money if there are no procedures or claims. They pay money when people use medical services...

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rogan is a huge advocate of stem cell therapy. I guess Mel Gibson's had it when he was like 90 and it did wonders for him too (another rogan podcast).

I'm sure big pharma will fight to keep it what it is.....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74