Waterfowl

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not much for geese around the mid section of the lake. Seen a few migrating.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw some snows moving through just East of Bismarck yesterday. These North winds should be bringing in some new birds.

Tomsky

Just got back from northern Saskatchewan this past Sunday. I did not see any major flocks of snows from Regina south to the Portal border Station. We hunted geese north of Quill Lakes area, and did not see the major flocks like we have in the past. I would say Quill Lakes area has about half the birds that there should be. They had a drought like us, and the crops weren't very good. I think the geese will be more spread out than usual from lack of food. just my 2 cents.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove through McClusky and Hurdsfield yesterday. Saw lots of snow geese both in the air and on the ground.

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Next week is a cool down in temps, should get things moving. There still not much around in my area.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let the daughters dog out at 4:30 this morning and the snows were flying over. With the cold weather coming next week there will be a big push. Coworker said he seen lots of geese today flying over at 16000 feet. ;:;rofl

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headed out of the house this morning and could hear lots of specks going south with the wind. Great, unmistakable sound to wake up to! Actually seems like fall right now!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are loaded with specs and fair amount of snows. Got all next week off to chase birds might have hit it just right. Those bastards can be frustrating but looking forward to it

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We are loaded with specs and fair amount of snows. Got all next week off to chase birds might have hit it just right. Those bastards can be frustrating but looking forward to it

envious Kurt,got plenty of ammo? stuck holding the fort down this weekend,family stuff.Are you seeing big groups of ducks yet?Mallards?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
envious Kurt,got plenty of ammo? stuck holding the fort down this weekend,family stuff.Are you seeing big groups of ducks yet?Mallards?

i seen it coming so stocked up for me and the boy. No big groups of ducks yet but I would think this north wind might get some around.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hunted by Harvey on Friday.
Thousands and thousands of snow geese working the area.
Very little ducks.
Pretty dry out there.
Good luck. Go get 'em.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got on some specks and snows with a few ducks. Just waiting on the push of ducks has to be soon. I need to learn more about hunting specks with how many we are now getting every year. Time to get a spec call

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been hearing lots of geese flying high in the wee hours of the morning the past several days.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got on some specks and snows with a few ducks. Just waiting on the push of ducks has to be soon. I need to learn more about hunting specks with how many we are now getting every year. Time to get a spec call

We saw a lot of specks so far this year too. Ending up shooting a couple while decoying ducks between a couple of larger ponds. They passed by in range.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
there has been 3 big pushes of snow geese i have seen on the border not alot of ducks

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still not much around the mid section of the lake. Season will be over by the time the big honks get here.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77