Hammered Grey Beard just trying to help.........

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been drinkin' since 2 and came to a few realizations.....

1. I have WAY TO MUCH STUFF and need to pass it along to some young bucks just starting out.

2. I have NO WAY OF KNOWING who might need the aforementioned "STUFF".

3. I'm in no need of some youngsters money, so my stuff will be given with no regard to compensation.

With such realizations I have the following up for grabs to a YOUNG HUNTER if they need it. Any old guy rolling in saying it's for their nephew/son/etc, etc, better bring the youngin with them.

Here's what's available.....

3 dozen mallard floaters with bags and weights

1 two man ladder stand in the box. 18 ft tall.

2 floating canada goose decoys with weights and some random duck decoys.

One frame backpack, with sleeping pad. Good, but older.

1 jiffy ice auger. Ugly, but still works.

got more 1/8th oz jigs than I will use in 10 lifetimes. I can part with a dz or so for a kid.

PM me if any derelict member of NDA knows a kid that can use or would want this stuff or post up on this thread. Also, if any other dregs of society members of NDA have some stuff they would be willing to give up to a youngster. Just post it up here. Maybe we can clear some garage space for us washed up good for very little greybeards while at the same time bringing smiles to some of the youngsters just getting starting in hunting or fishing. Either way, I'm in for helping out. Now I'm going to mix one more for yours truly. Tight Lines and Filled Tags.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your good people KDM.

Nah!! Just remember what it was like when I was young and didn't have a pot to piss in when it came to hunting or fishing. Worked for minimum wage and dreamed of big bucks and mallards dropping into the deks, but couldn't afford a tinkers damn when it came to equipment. Now that I've "been there, done that", maybe I can make it a bit easier for the next crop of hunters comin' up. Keep in mind that I need the garage space, so I HAVE an ulterior motive. (Grin)

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed. And I will play along. Quite a few floaters and at least one bag.

Bigfoot honkers with stands. I am keeping the ones with feet.

A dozen mallard shells with stands.

A robot duck or two.

More tackle boxes than any one man should own.

In Devils Lake.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of older bows. 45lbs or less.

- - - Updated - - -

Good topic.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have a ton to offer, but definitely have some fishing rods I can part with to get a few youngsters started. Mostly spinning rods, a few ice rods, and maybe a catfish pole or two. Nothing fancy, but definitely functional.

I also have a plethora of catfish tackle and could get a starter kit put together if they want to try their hand at some river fun!

PM me if interested. KDM's rules apply here too....

Great thread!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a line on a college kid who may be interested in the ladder stand thanks to a fellow NDA member. I'm hoping this individual will call or text me in the next day or so. Thanks NDA member who will remain anonymous for the tip!! You know who you are!!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not a fisherman so the most i have to offer is my bamboo fishing rod from many years ago. But my alumiun fishing rod from the fifties, i plan to keep. db

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good thread. I remember buying a dozen mallard floaters when I didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out...life got in the way, like it sometimes does, and I haven't hunted waterfowl in a lot of years. Wonder where those dekes are...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good thread, good topic, good to see.

I don't have much to offer, except maybe some poor fishing advice.

Jaykay

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good Call KDM, I hope to do the same as you are offering some day. For now, with a 12-year old son and 15-year old daughter, I don't have any stuff to hand down, heck most of the time I'm just trying to track down where MY stuff is, lol.

Went fishing with my 12-year old son in his boat this fall. We were doing a little casting for pike and musky. I ask him for his box with the cyclopes spoons. I pull one out and say "hey, this is my lure"! He responds back and goes on to tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about and how HE paid $10 for that lure and ordered it online (which he does regularly). I look at him and his grandpa and said, "huh it's interesting that that barbs are pinched shut and there's only one person in this boat that's been to Canada"! I didn't give a shit and love that he's all in when it comes to fishing but just wanted to make sure he still knows his ol man still payin attention, lol.

Anyway, great thread. If us old guys don't help youth follow a path into the outdoors, the opportunity will disappear for all. That erosion has already begin and it's sad to say the least.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great thread KDM, glad to see there are still human and caring people in this world. Sometimes makes ya wonder. . . I need to sort thru some stuff and may add later.

Happycamper

Honored Member
I started cleaning the garage, cabinets, closets and gun case several years ago. Those who followed Logan’s thread know that my bow, etc found a good home and KDM and Suppress Yourself stepped up to make his first bow hunt successful.
Most of the stuff I have is old but well maintained. I have listed all my guns, Redlin Art, etc. and who I want to get them when the grim reaper comes calling. But, after my diagnosis yesterday I will be dispersing those guns and other collectibles sooner than later.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Possibly the most impressive part of this thread is KDMs spelling and grammar whilst "hammered". :)

I have a few things I could part with:
- 1 spinning rod
- 1 spinning reel
- 1 casting rod
- 1 buck knife
- 1 knife sharpening kit
- 1 set of desert brown camo BDUs (6' dude sized)
- 1 pair of real tree camo pants (6' dude sized)
- Couple of camo baseball hats
- 1 Blaze orange baseball hat
- Size 12 Irish Setter uninsulated Goretex books

Probably some other stuff. I'll have to look...

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good Call KDM, I hope to do the same as you are offering some day. For now, with a 12-year old son and 15-year old daughter, I don't have any stuff to hand down, heck most of the time I'm just trying to track down where MY stuff is, lol.

Went fishing with my 12-year old son in his boat this fall. We were doing a little casting for pike and musky. I ask him for his box with the cyclopes spoons. I pull one out and say "hey, this is my lure"! He responds back and goes on to tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about and how HE paid $10 for that lure and ordered it online (which he does regularly). I look at him and his grandpa and said, "huh it's interesting that that barbs are pinched shut and there's only one person in this boat that's been to Canada"! I didn't give a shit and love that he's all in when it comes to fishing but just wanted to make sure he still knows his ol man still payin attention, lol.

Anyway, great thread. If us old guys don't help youth follow a path into the outdoors, the opportunity will disappear for all. That erosion has already begin and it's sad to say the least.
I too have a 16 year old son that is in the process of commandeering all of my equipment, it feels good. My dad was not much of an outdoorsman, so I had to start from scratch, super glad to have kids to give it to. My oldest daughter is in possession of my first pistol, otherwise its all gone to the boy

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 10 year old son and a 7 year old son. We shall see how my stuff fares through the next 15 years.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we moved off the farm we gave a lot of stuff away before our auction sale. People that could use it but couldn't afford to buy it, they were darn happy to get it. Then when we moved from Bismarck to Payson we gave a lot of stuff away again. Makes one feel good and to know that your stuff will be used and they are happy to get it.
Still have many things and some of that will go to our kids, the rest will be given away to.
Hats off to all of you who are doing the same and thanks for this post KDM!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started cleaning the garage, cabinets, closets and gun case several years ago. Those who followed Logan’s thread know that my bow, etc found a good home and KDM and Suppress Yourself stepped up to make his first bow hunt successful.
Most of the stuff I have is old but well maintained. I have listed all my guns, Redlin Art, etc. and who I want to get them when the grim reaper comes calling. But, after my diagnosis yesterday I will be dispersing those guns and other collectibles sooner than later.

ummm... you just sort snuck that last part in there. best wishes and prayers!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thoughts and prayers as well Happycamper.

Got a line on a youth hunter that might want the frame pack. Here's to hoping for more open garage space. Oh, and the spelling and grammar is due to the computer autocheck and NOT my innate immunity to adult beverage consumption. (Grin)

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The stand is spoken for. A young college guy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75