Bill Gates’ purchase of North Dakota farmland has locals livid

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe investment groups that are part of bill gates should be transparent as to who is a part of that group. If any member is not an American citizen they should be barred from being allowed to own farm or any land for that matter in the states. Also groups invested money though Bill gates should be considered a corporation and should be taxed accordingly.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always wondered if a property tax structure to steer ownership would be a good idea. Sort of a live on & earn from land, zero tax... think family farm. Next tier your basic homeowner, little to no tax. then owners of properties that live local, like the farmer that lives in town to keep wife happy but gets income from working the land. Then on to non participating, then non state resident, even up to non american. Also taking land from use add a layer for that.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just remember that he is buddy, buddy with Gov. Burgum! NDGOP needs to turn away from supporting or endorsing ol’Dougy Boy.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a general rule I don’t believe in government dictating who can own land or what they do with it. Of course there is exceptions for use as to not degrade the neighbors. And I’m really not a fan of the corporate farming laws in ND. If Green Giant wants to buy 1000 acres of land to grow their own sweet corn on why shouldn’t they be able to do it. The problem is that nowadays you have some very wealthy people and corporations that are very nefarious. So it’s making me take a step back and rethink my personal feelings towards some of this shit.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
People can always seem to remember the fake believe stories that conspiracy theorists say about a person but never seem to recall any of the good things. Bill Gates did a good thing when he built the Microsoft corp. in Fargo and Doug Burgum was working for Bill Gates at the time.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bill Gates bought it on purpose so that he and his bud Burgum can take the anti corporate farming law to court….. all land will soon be owned by the rich and big corporations. Enjoy it while it lasts…….

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will corporate farming be a bad thing, I have read up on some of these anti corporate farming laws but what I fail to see what would be different now as it relates to bill gates buying not just farmland in North Dakota but also a business?

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought Cambell farm ring a name big potato farm and into politics

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What better way to bring down a country...control the food source,dry up our energy supply,china is doing the same under straw purchaser's,corporations mostly in south dakota and other western states,remember gates in 2020,his goal was to reduce world population by 15%,enter covid,soon "monkey pox" will hit the fan as we approach november.

Is it true about gates recent N.D. land grab...1.2million acres?mostly in pembina cty.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What better way to bring down a country...control the food source,dry up our energy supply,china is doing the same under straw purchaser's,corporations mostly in south dakota and other western states,remember gates in 2020,his goal was to reduce world population by 15%,enter covid,soon "monkey pox" will hit the fan as we approach november.

Is it true about gates recent N.D. land grab...1.2million acres?mostly in pembina cty.

Well, that would've cost about 7.5 Billion, and he only spent ~13.5 million, so, it probably wasn't 1.2 Million acres. If you could buy land for $11/Ac I'd be in for a BUNCH.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, that would've cost about 7.5 Billion, and he only spent ~13.5 million, so, it probably wasn't 1.2 Million acres. If you could buy land for $11/Ac I'd be in for a BUNCH.

It sounds like the ND purchase was 2100 acres or just shy of $ 6,500.00/acre

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was surprised that the state gave away 25% of the land with mineral rights included back in the 1800s to the railroad companies . If I'm not mistaken that's how Continental Resources oil Co. got so big.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76