Tree Saddles

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used one ONCE. The pressure from the butt basket cut into the back of my thighs and made my legs go numb. If you let yourself sit down inside the butt basket to relieve the pressure on your thighs, you are nose to bark with the tree and have no mobility as now you are using your knees to keep away from the tree. Additionally, being in a tree with your legs locked wears on a guys knees, ankles, and feet. I was using both a tree spike and a branch to put my feet on and the tree spike started to make the arches of my foot ache as all the pressure was on the 1/2 inch space of the spike. I had to keep varying the pressure on my foot which made me make LOTS of unnecessary movements. Did I see deer? Yep. Would I use one again....NOPE!!

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried asking this on here not long ago. Didn't get much of a response. I've never used one but it looks like it could be a viable, run-n-gun setup. Go out after work, set up where you can, and hunt for a few hours. If I had the extra bling this year, I would have bought one already. Just for science!

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have my Anderson tree sling. It’s a young man’s stand. I bought one back in the mid-80s and still have it. If you’re young and strong they are great. We used to use them in trees that had some limbs to rest your feet on. That’s important. I still use mine on occasion to pull deer out.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was under the impression you use a small platform along with the saddle to place your feet. Am I wrong?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76