New run on guns and ammo?

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
A work buddy that has never owned a firearm just bought an AR because "the world is going to shit". He said he found some, but not a lot of 223 ammo locally (Fargo). -- I have not checked myself.
I was going to point him to SG Ammo for some bulk, but their site now says: "Due to overwhelming order volume over the past week we are not currently accepting new orders." I haven't looked around the Iwebs too much, but it looks like Palmetto State is also out of 1,000 round cases of 223 and 5.56.
Are guns and ammo the next logical progression after toilet paper and bottled water?

Authors note: I'm fully aware that I may be contributing to the panic buying by mentioning that panic buying might be happening.

Last edited:

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
might have a hard time forcefully taking tp and sanitizer from the hoarders without guns and boolits..... just saying...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, you did have a 50/50 chance of being right. Good call.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good thing a got a good hunerd rounds of .22 ammo;;)

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Since ammo got somewhat cheaper (told myself back then i would not get out of any ammo again) i have been purchasing bullets now and then over that time. Wife has even comment on my supply. Yesterday I look at the ammo on the store's shelf and only bought 50 rounds of stingers hollow points to bring the 22 stingers up to a even number of 1000. They work good in my auto pistols. Have a few thousand of other brands. 285 rounds of 30-06 for my m-1 and I am sure that is all I will need as that rifle is not for sport or hunting use.
Could use a few more 22-250 for the varmits.

I feel i am now ahead of the game and should be ok with out any new purchases no matter what may be the need for. db

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stopped at a sporting goods store in Fargo before heading home from work. Witnessed a young fella purchasing a home defense shotgun and overheard he had never taken gun safety class and another guy purchasing a semi auto pistol. He had never owned a gun before and had simply been told it was a decent brand. As the salesman ran the action a couple times I shook my head..also noticed alot of people purchasing ammo. Myself included, as I refuse to be part of the .22 shortage again as well. $40 a box of 222 rounds hurt some years ago.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hoarding toilet paper won’t be the only ridiculous thing to happen. You start locking people down in their homes and many will loose their minds lol.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hoarding toilet paper won’t be the only ridiculous thing to happen. You start locking people down in their homes and many will loose their minds lol.

Some already lost their minds. They voted for Obama right? More proof? They still cry Trump colluded with the Russians. The gene pool truly needs clorox.

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member

Meh, if I loose my mind most people probably won't know the difference anyways.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was at Scheels in Bismarck last night and watched a guy walk out with 5 boxes of 200count .45 ACP. Also, there was a young man that looked like he was purchasing his first hand gun. I could be wrong, but the sales guy was giving him the complete run down of how to operate it, take down, etc. Just made me think this was his first side arm.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m curious what the problem is with someone buying their first handgun? I consider it a good thing. They need to start somewhere.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was at Scheels in Bismarck last night and watched a guy walk out with 5 boxes of 200count .45 ACP. Also, there was a young man that looked like he was purchasing his first hand gun. I could be wrong, but the sales guy was giving him the complete run down of how to operate it, take down, etc. Just made me think this was his first side arm.

You could be right.

However, I once bought my first handgun too.

I'm now convinced that the end of this BS is right around the corner. Apple (I know, some hate the company) reopened the 42 stores in China now. Go ahead and fact check. China is getting over this BS, and Europe will too, and then we will.

Then there's going to be a heckuva run on laxatives, so people can deplete their toilet paper overstock.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m curious what the problem is with someone buying their first handgun? I consider it a good thing. They need to start somewhere.

Agreed.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member

Never said it was a problem, in fact i support it. We all bought our first handgun at some point. I was happy to see the sales rep go through the firearm with the customer so that he could learn how to properly fire, load, clean etc. I was just making the comment, because I think with the whole virus hysteria, it will lead to increases sales of both ammo and guns.

Mostly, i was jealous. I bought a rifle last month so the budget is spent. I want to buy a new firearm!!!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
My bad for not clarifying. I was referring to shootingblanks post.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75