Can Opener that is Worth a $hit

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is up with modern can openers?! We had the same one for 20 years growing up! Tired of cheap junk that lasts only a few months. I tried one from the restaurant supply place in town and various others and they are all absolute garbage.

Anyone have one that isn't junk that they can recommend?

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
6.5 creedmore. Only Mildly junky and you can break the can open with the butt of the stock

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I buy something like this at the Dollar General store for $1

When they break I make another trip to the Dollar store

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pampered chef smooth edge can opener. Last forever. I’ve had one for many years now never fails.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
About 15 years ago I was saying the same thing, just kept buying them and finally got one that works. Been good now for 15 years but it took about 5 or 6 shit ones to go through.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the same with toasters. POS I tell ya. The one my mom had in her kitchen was there from the time I was little until she died when I was in my 30's. My cheap ass brother is probably still using it.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
About 15 years ago I was saying the same thing, just kept buying them and finally got one that works. Been good now for 15 years but it took about 5 or 6 shit ones to go through.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the same with toasters. POS I tell ya. The one my mom had in her kitchen was there from the time I was little until she died when I was in my 30's. My cheap ass brother is probably still using it.

Toasters are my pet peeve. We have tried everything from the $100+ to $14. They are all junk. Have gone with Consumer Reports #1 models. They burn 1 side while doing nothing on the other. Need to flip it and run cycle again.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
My bride bought one of those battery operated smooth edge can openers and it has been the Cat's Meow. Didn't think it would be much but it works darn good. Set it on and start it and walk away. Crazy how good that thing works. Don't remember where she bought it. Can ask if anyone is interested.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My bride bought one of those battery operated smooth edge can openers and it has been the Cat's Meow. Didn't think it would be much but it works darn good. Set it on and start it and walk away. Crazy how good that thing works. Don't remember where she bought it. Can ask if anyone is interested.

ASK!!! Ha ha ha.

Also - the first few sentences of your post had me thinking "uh oh"....

Last edited:

bilbo

Honored Member
We bought a few fancy looking ones before getting the basic, simple looking one. I think it's called Swing-Away or something like that. They have worked for us for 10 years now. I think my parents have had theirs at least 25 years, still opening cans. We had an electric one too for a while but we don't have a lot of counter/cupboard space so we got rid of it.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our Pampered Chef can opener has held up for many years. Pricey but it works. Those Walmart cheapies are worthless. The smooth edge openers cut a lid that won't cut your fingers off.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I despise our Pampered Chef can opener. I must be the only one who likes to use the lids to drain the cans.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I despise our Pampered Chef can opener. I must be the only one who likes to use the lids to drain the cans.

Didn't think about that. So you can't stop short of making a complete cut with the smooth cut type?

Muzzytipped

Founding Member
Founding Member
cache.php

Baflan HD can opener and can still drain with lid.

30 years and still going.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77