Vikes again!!!

HammsRMK

Honored Member
I am so sick of the Vikings offensive line getting hurt. Another one is out for the season before we even get started Nick Easton. They spend all this money on a Quarterback and we piece together a line to try and protect him. Get out on the market and get some buddy in here to protect him. I know its still early in camp, but I am already nervous that the line wont be able to protect him and we will have another let down and the end of the year. ;:;banghead

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's Kirk Cousins... he's used to not being protected and he won't win you guys the superbowl even if he is protected.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, by the end of the season the Vikes will probably have to be allowed to trip the rushers as a legit way to keep Cousins from getting killed.

I've never understood why a team, any team, would put all their eggs into one basket like the Vikes have been doing. They've gotten lucky with players like Thielen and Diggs really coming around, but their front office's efforts up front are a little lacking, IMHO.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank god football season coincides with hunting and ice fishing. Damn good excuses not to waste time watching that garbage.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bigger question is how many of these over priced athletes take a knee for the National Anthem!!!! Protest on your own time!;:;banghead
Can't wait for the Trumpster to go on a tweet storm if he sees it happening again.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They really addressed the offensive line last year. They brought in a Riley reiff who is a stud 3 time state champ wrestler from South Dakota he was tearing it up in Detroit. The only sack he gave up was in the last game of the year. I'm not saying they shouldn't keep addressing any line problems but to say that they haven't done anything is a fallacy.

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah everyone always looks at the fantasy players that get the stats but without a good oline I think the vikes are in for a tougher season than last year. My prediction is their D is good enoung to get them to 2nd round of playoffs and they are done if I were them I would trade Barr for a top notch olineman sounds like they have a few pretty good young backers to take his place. Without a good interior oline they aren't going anywhere.....I really hope I am wrong.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I second that Eyexer, plus I don't watch the NBA, most of these guys can't say the whole Alphabet

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Vikes are in for a rough road this year. New OC, New QB, much harder schedule, healthy Aaron Rodgers etc. They are going to have as many losses in the first 5 games as they did all last year. How they respond after that will decide the rest of the season. I think they will be lucky to go 10-6.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
vikings t shirts.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

With mediocrity across the league, talent dilution with too many teams, perhaps this will be the year.

I always wondered what it would look like when hell freezes over.

- - - Updated - - -

Before the season started, I said I wouldn't watch a NFL game this year.
I will see how I am doing come January.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
They really addressed the offensive line last year. They brought in a Riley reiff who is a stud 3 time state champ wrestler from South Dakota he was tearing it up in Detroit. The only sack he gave up was in the last game of the year. I'm not saying they shouldn't keep addressing any line problems but to say that they haven't done anything is a fallacy.

lacking, IMHO...not saying they have done nothing. I prefer homegrown talent rather than trying to steal/overpay someone from another team who probably has a better idea of their value to their own offensive line. The Vikes have for years tried to have one stud on the line surrounded by a bunch of middle of the roaders from the 4-6th rounds in the draft. It generally takes several years for those later round picks to come around on the line, if they every do.

Elflein and Reif are fair to good players, but the other three spots on the line are occupied by players that don't grade out that well.https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-offensive-linemen-rankings

So when you put them all together, they will need someone to really step up if they want to crack the top half of the league rankings for offensive lines as a unit. https://sportsnaut.com/2018/06/ranking-nfls-top-15-offensive-lines-heading-into-2018/ Of course, these were done even before the Vikes found out they were losing Easton for the year, and I kinda liked his potential.

I suppose if I looked hard enough I would find someone who ranks them in the top half of the league, but I don't think I'd put them there. And that will spell trouble when they run into the better defenses.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes injuries have left only Rieff left from what they started with last year. They NEED to address it during this pre-season.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75