Ground blind question

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be doing hunting on public land and was thinking of getting a ground blind for bow hunting. I also want one for rifle season.

Do any of you have success setting up a blind and hunting the same day in it using a bow? I really don't want to leave it up on public land. It would be in river bottom land but there isn't a lot of undergrowth to hide the blind where I want to hunt. I'm not a trophy hunter and would be satisfied with a doe, which are usually not as jumpy as bucks.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i would say no they will notice the ground blind and the damn does always seem to cause more problems for me. Rifle hunting just set up a couple hundred yards away on a hill watch for deer and shoot it

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
A ghost blind might be a viable option if you feel you need a blind. For me, I would just use a small chair, pile some brush up to break up my outline, and sit next to a big tree trunk. Then be still, quiet, and choosy about when you decide to move/draw on a deer. For rifle, Kurtr pretty much hit the easy button on that deal.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
I have hunted river bottoms my whole life. River bottom hunting seems to be a lot different then upland hunting. In the area I hunt it seems to reset every 15 minutes, so if you walk in and spoke deer and leave scent in 15 minutes its like you were never there. I would not worry about setting up a blind and sitting in it the same day. I have done this multiple times with success. Another option in river bottoms is a ghillie suit and sit at the base of a large tree not to far off the trial.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20190910-214313_Snapchat.jpg

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^ That does make a lot of sense. I think I tend to overthink things and make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75