Aqua pads, foam float mats for lake

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
lilypad.pngDoes anyone know what the foam is that is used on these? I think a guy should be able to buy it somewhere and not pay the expensive price they are selling for in the stores. Maybe I am off base, but it seems the material should be available somewhere. I cannot track down exactly what it is though. Anyone have any thoughts? The picture below (above) is what I am looking for??

2Q==

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
not 100% sure if all manufactures use same type of foam. But I think most are polyolefin foam. The problem is the well reviewed pads and ones that hold up to some abuse are made of layers.

If you want the cheap route buy the Sam's Club offering for $250. Many are happy with and some say they ripped a hole in it first season and they ended up buying a more expensive one with more layers anyway.

If you have a few <100lbs kids playing on it you will likely be fine. If you will have more 100 some pound teenagers playing king of the mat it will likely not last as long. If you have a drunk 200lb buddy that jumps off the pontoon or boat onto the mat, you will likely have a hole in it.

Foam isn't as cheap as it seems it should be. Then add into the cost to ship such a large and bulky object and it costs even more.

Last edited:

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought the one from Sam's Club a couple years ago. Kids love it.

From their description -

• 1.5" thick
  • Dual layer, heavy-duty polyolefin foam

Was too slow typing. Please see comment above.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
a relative had one from costco at their lake home last weekend and we used it alot. Kids loved it!

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the outer coating of the foam would be the more important and difficult part to recreate. If you figure it out I'd be in for a group buy!

- - - Updated - - -

no help here, but look at the creep holding the pad. Hilarious.

Pretty sure you'd be staying waist deep if you were there aswell.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There should be a red racing stripe in the middle

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
We just got the rubber dockies brand this year. It’s made in sd south of Sioux Falls somewhere. It even takes a fat guy like me. It’s some kind of rubberized foam. Scuffs easy but supports my weight plus my kids

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67