NRA Corruption

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been a member for awhile. As the “premier” gun rights org in the USA, it made sense to be a member, even when they did stupid stuff like supporting shitty gun control acts every time one came up (1934, 1968, 1986, 1994, and now bump stocks in 2018).

There have been some very vocal NRA employees and board members trying to sound the alarm on corruption within the org, but it always just seemed like infighting. I chalked it up to, “there could probably be some changes made, but let’s not make a circular firing squad.” Over the past few days, however, internal documents have leaked showing that Wayne LaPierre and others have been embezzling money for years and are essentially draining the organization dry.

From what I can tell, my contributions and yours have been paying for WLP’s:
- $275,000 in clothing... from one store.
- $13,800 for 3 months rent. For a college intern. Paid at Wayne’s request.
- $24,000,000 over 13 months to a law firm who refuses to detail what they’re billing the NRA for.
- hundreds of thousands of dollars per year for Wayne to take exotic vacations and charter private jets everywhere he travels.
- $270,000 in “consulting fees” to Marion Hammer, who actively worked AGAINST gun owners in FL
- $250,000 to the father of an NRA executive to be an event photographer EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD ALREADY HIRED A PHOTOGRAPHER AT A FRACTION OF THE COST.

To add insult to injury, Oliver North was among those calling for an audit of “financial irregularities.” Like everyone else who raised concerns, Wayne fired him. That’s correct, Oli did not step down, he got the boot. It looks like making him the spokesman was part of a setup to get rid of him.

Oh, and while Wayne and his cronies were burning through all our membership dues living like kings and laundering money, the employee pension at NRA began running in the red, so the people who worked for the NRA and earned a pension are likely to lose it.

These are just the few things we know about. Don’t take my word for it, review the docs for yourself:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/av32v5v1gwae398/NRA2019Documents1-OCR.pdf?dl=0

Don’t worry, it gets much worse. The NRA is incorporated as a non-profit 503(c) in New York State. The NY AG is currently suing the NRA and attempting to have the non-profit exemption removed because of shady business dealings. As more of this corruption comes to light, the NRA will likely lose its non-profit status, which will mean paying taxes retroactively for the past 10 years or so. This will cost the org hundreds of millions of dollars and likely bankrupt the NRA.

Maybe we can still salvage the NRA if we get rid of Wayne... right? Wrong. Because of rule changes that have gone into effect in recent years, Wayne can (and does) fire anyone he wants without consulting the board of directors. It seems the only people with the power to remove him are in on the scam. If Wayne goes down, they all do. He’s basically impossible to remove.

Because we’re talking about actual criminal activity (fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, etc) Wayne will continue to burn up what’s left of the NRA’s assets to pay legal fees to keep himself out of prison.

Sorry guys, but it looks like the NRA is finished and it’s only a matter of time. I’m looking into Gun Owners of America and Second Amendment Foundation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and this is the intern who Wayne personally put up in an apartment for $4,500/mo. I’m sure his wife understands that it was a legitimate business expense.

44FBAA41-0ECC-496F-B78C-2A2E83874D1D.jpg

From the document dump:

3136F244-4C2E-4383-B5D3-EB3C795C87CC.jpg
3C295318-7BD4-4D6D-ADD9-9813E6FF3732.jpeg

From Megan Allen’s LinkedIn profile:

710D7CF7-BA14-4D37-9AF0-E27282516FA2.jpg

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What other group is out there for us to support who has the same pull as the NRA? Yes they need reform but we also can’t afford to lose the NRA. We also need to realize who is dragging the MRA through the mud.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Really glad you posted this!
I just got the letter in the mail last week asking me to renew again. From the beginning when I started paying them, I've never felt comfortable about it, kind of an internal conflict. I like supporting groups who stick up for our rights and the outdoors, but somehow the NRA just never felt right to me.
To me the NRA just seems too big. Always hosting grand expensive events and going on trips. I kind of assumed all that was being paid for with the membership dues, now that basically confirms it. I see a picture of that Wayne LaPierre in a magazine or something and it just pisses me off. Smug bastard making millions off our membership dues. Quick google search shows he made over 5$ million one year.

I guess for now, I will withhold the membership. Will also be looking into other options. Going to do my research this time.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get God out of our daily lives, they said.

We’ll be better off, they said.

Donchya think that whomever has "Flamingo Girl" managing their sexual health believes they've received a gift from god and gives thanks multiple times/day?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd pay her apartment rent..................just sayin. ;:;popcorn

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Every president thinks they need a little EXTRA. Just saying.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd pay her apartment rent..................just sayin. ;:;popcorn

Not with house money. Not with my money, that I gave to the NRA in order to stop insane statists and roll back absurd laws. Instead we get the continued slow creep of totalitarianism while Wayne lives in an ivory tower.

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
I had been an NRA member for quite awhile, but I let it expire this time, i had paid a 3 year membership in 2016, but heard about all of this money corruption a while back and decided to join Gun Owners of America 2 years ago and I will continue to support them. They are the ones actively fighting for the 2nd amendmendt

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
I've been following this story for a few weeks. They have made a living using scare tactics and partisan politics and the whole time recklessly spending like a sailor on leave. As a Life Member of the NRA I hope they do some serious house cleaning and become more transparent than Swarovski glass! They will never receive another dollar from me until they do.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s hard to find any .Org these days thats not as crooked as a pigs dick

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
long time member but have shied away from their stunts to get more $$$ last few years.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s hard to find any .Org these days thats not as crooked as a pigs dick

As someone who has worked in the non profit org arena, you're not wrong.

I think they all start innocently enough. Follow a cause. Get supporters. Grow. Add staff. Add a board. Suddenly there's mission creep. Self-serving interests. And on and on.

Even PF and RGS, two orgs. I've supported off and on through the years, probably have their skeletons. Lord knows Ducks and Delta, do.

Humility is a trait the big ones lack at some point. And when that happens, there's always a smaller, meeker org not yet corrupted with some potential to do good work. Get there at the sweet spot before they, too, get too big.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
What other group is out there for us to support who has the same pull as the NRA? Yes they need reform but we also can’t afford to lose the NRA. We also need to realize who is dragging the MRA through the mud.
BW mentioned 2 alternatives in his post (admittedly not as much pull, but I'd be willing to bet they have less corruption and mission creep). And I'd say the NRA is doing a fine job of dragging their own name through the mud without anyone's help.

Last edited:

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Best case scenario this gives anti-gun folks more ammo (get it?). At worst the NRA is gone along with a giant chink in the armor for us. Thanks Wayne, you darsh.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75