Best tower blinds??

Labz4me

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been looking for a good hard side tower blind. Have checked out the Banks (Stump 4)and hunting pod, are there other brands out there? I've seen redneck blinds on shows but is there a dealer in ND? Looking for one with quality build and maybe not break the bank. I don't know, maybe I'm better off just building one? Let's hear what you guys think.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shadow hunter blinds sold assembled at runnings. Cost allot less than others and very well constructed. We've had some of ours for 5+ years and they look like the day we bought them. Aluminium sided n roof, insulated, carpeted floor, rodent proof floor.

E1088_L1.jpg

Last edited:

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy is a dealer for muddy blinds. He has sold hundreds. People love them

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hunted out of a muddy blind this past weekend and it gave me an achy neck and back. The horizontal windows are too low to comfortably look out of when sitting in a folding chair without sliding way down or ducking your head when sitting up. Kind of like driving a car with the rearview mirror set for an umpa loompa. I'm not a tall guy, 5'10", so I can only imagine what tall guys have to do to see out these windows. The fit, finish, and other qualities of the blind were just fine. My advice would be to bring your hunting chair, gear, and weapon into whatever brand you are looking at and see what kind of room you have and what kind of gymnastics you need to do to get a shot off. Good Luck!!

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would an adjustable height chair make the Muddy more comfortable to sit in or at the the windows just that low?

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna have a hard time beating a redneck, probably the sparkly boats of blinds, however you better have a few $$ in the bank or you will break it.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would an adjustable height chair make the Muddy more comfortable to sit in or at the the windows just that low?

I started sitting in the adjustable chairs that came with the blind and they were set down as low as they could go. So then I brought a standard folding chair out and that was about the same. For my money, if a standard folding chair is too high to comfortably look out the windows, I need to look for a new product.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a Redneck Buck Palace 6X6 blind on a 10' Tower. I looked at the Muddy blinds and the Shadow blinds at Runnings. I got into a shadow blind and their plastic windows on a string were a joke. Yes, they are cheaper but the quality for what you pay for the blinds isn't worth it in my opinion. I know several guys who have them and they like them. 5575 has had good luck with them it seems. Runnings didn't have the size of Muddy blind I was looking for and it was going to be 2 months before they got any in.

I was going to build my own tower blind but after I had it laid out how I wanted it and put a material list together, I was money ahead by purchasing a Redneck Blind. Also, if I ever need to move it, it will take me 30min to lay it on a trailer. This summer we had 80-90MPH winds and the next day that blind was still standing, I was extremely impressed. I though for sure I'd be driving around looking for it in the coulee. 4 leg anchors and a center earth-ground anchor and it's held through everything mother nature has thrown at it in the last 2 years.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started sitting in the adjustable chairs that came with the blind and they were set down as low as they could go. So then I brought a standard folding chair out and that was about the same. For my money, if a standard folding chair is too high to comfortably look out the windows, I need to look for a new product.

What about lifting the blind so you look further down? Aren’t they designed to be a raised blind?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This floor of this blind is 10-12 ft off the ground. When I was sitting up straight, the top of the window was about 4-6 inches below my chin. To be comfortable when I was sitting, I could see a strip of ground between 15 and 30 yards from the blind. To see any farther, I had to duck my head. I think the windows are set for a bench style shot, which puts the opening lower than when just sitting in a chair and since I spend about 3-5 seconds taking a shot compared to the hours of just sitting in the chair watching, I would prefer comfort for hours over a perfect bench rest shot. Like I said before, everything else about the blind was just fine with the exception that the corner windows by the door smack into the horizontal windows on the wall when you try to open both, but that's not really a big deal once you do it the first time.

Labz4me

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I'm going to have to do more research. I want a bigger blind and would like it insulated for warmth and sound . Good windows are a must, I hate leaky flimsy windows. I'm 6'1 and window height I guess could be a concern according to others experience. I'm just going to have to find dealers and sit in each blind I guess. Damn things are spendy too.

bowhunter12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Order direct from redneck blinds. A few buddies have ordered a couple semi loads, I was in on one of them. Save a little that way. Just split the shipping per blind. I believe 8 buck palaces with stands fit on a load.
D9D3E374-95A6-4FFE-9B00-8BC0A27C50BD.jpg
A37F03B1-2714-4B21-AD04-3835BD31915E.jpg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sat in my shadowhunter 12 hrs today from dark till dark. Lots of bucks on the move and chasing. Best was a 170s muley, had fun snort weezing a 4x4 whitey in.
I do like my red neck chair for all day sits that's for sure.

IMG_20181108_081329.jpg

Last edited:

Labz4me

Founding Member
Founding Member
5575, what size blind do you have? And where did you buy it? Do you like the window setup? I think I'm down to either the Stump or Shadowhunter. Now price and availability will play a factor.

Founding Member
Founding Member
6x6 octagon.
One archery
The other is a combo.

We like the windoes allot, tint would be the only thing I'd do yet.
Runnings sells them.

Bought an old snowmobile trailer and made my new one mobile. Sat it in a new spot yesterday for rifle season.:;:cheers
IMG_20181109_030625.jpg

Last edited:

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice set up you use jack stands on the trailer so it doesn't become a teeter trotter?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, 4 jack stands and then earth anchors on all 4 corners snugs it down solid.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66