Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know there was a poll put up a long time ago, before Measure 3 was approved for the ballot. Im curious if people still hold their convictions or have been convinced to change their opinion either way. Post your opinions in a calm, rational manner so we can have a discussion in this HOT TOPIC!

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was written better I would be a for sure yes, but I'm on the fence. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard it was going to be taxed but not taxed as much as alcohol and there is no limit on how much you can possess?

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rarely would I vote to approve a change in our constitution. Rarely do I agree with a lot of what the legislature does but still think it ‘s the best way to have a real discussion before making a radical change.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was written better I would be a for sure yes, but I'm on the fence. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard it was going to be taxed but not taxed as much as alcohol and there is no limit on how much you can possess?

It was intentionally written to be very open ended so legislature can shape it how they see fit. This has been stated several times by the creator of this measure. Unfortunately the anti groups are using this to sow fear into people, stating that legislature wont do anything and it will be the wild west of weed.

Ive spoken personally to 4 legislators and they all acknowledge that rules and restrictions will need to be added. Also to add rules and restrictions, it will only take a 50% vote. It would take a 75% vote to repeal or remove anything currently defined in M3 (that is why it was left very open ended), like clearing past convictions. Every state has gone through an evolutionary process as far as rules go after legalization has passed, ND would be no different.

Currently it will be taxed at the same rate everything else in the state is, but legislature will likely add additional taxes on top of this, similar to how alcohol and tobacco products are currently taxed...

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be fine with it and those old coots at the controls of the state need a wakeup call.

But at the same time I am seriously concerned about an influx of greasy hippies. Drugs in general are getting worse in my town all the time and I sense this wouldn't help.

Somebody convince me otherwise.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way I look at it is this, the people that are going to use it recreationally already are. I don’t see it creating a whole bunch of new users that aren’t already indulging. What it will do is allow the ones that could use it medically get it since our legislators saw fit to thumb their noses at their constituents, all while opening up some prison space to be used on people that really deserve to be there instead of a normally harmless pothead. Just my opinion

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be fine with it and those old coots at the controls of the state need a wakeup call.

But at the same time I am seriously concerned about an influx of greasy hippies. Drugs in general are getting worse in my town all the time and I sense this wouldn't help.

Somebody convince me otherwise.

Hmm, pretend you are a greasy hippy and you had the choice of ND or anywhere on the west coast or Colorado... :;:exactly

Green19

Consider who is pushing for this the most, the drug cartel. We don't need this legalized for recreational purposes at all. Our kids have enough to sort out already, adding this to the pile of vices is not going to help society in any way shape or form.

Research what is happening in Colorado first, and tell me it's a good thing on any stretch of the imagination.

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
After spending a week in Denver and walking around the Capital building, library and other public spaces, I can't believe anyone would think legalizing weed is a good thing. Literally hundreds of people laying around on the lawns with trash everywhere. I've watched documentaries on how great the supposed tax revenue was going to be, but they spend more on regulating the dispensaries and other law enforcement than is collected. The same documentary was stating how much stronger the new weed is compared to the stuff from the 70's or 80's. I believe in the medicinal part of it, but why can't it be in pill form so it doesn't cause lung damage?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm, pretend you are a greasy hippy and you had the choice of ND or anywhere on the west coast or Colorado... :;:exactly

they are lazy... I was thinking Minnesota hippies. LOTs of drug ridden crap-holes to our northeast. Don’t need more than $20 to gas up and move to Fargo - land of weed and good times.

- - - Updated - - -

the hard working weekend smokers are already getting their weed with few hassles/risks

- - - Updated - - -

so I see Fargo losing on the social engineering side of the issue

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
nope to dope ---

IMO - drinking age back to 18
DUI laws - so stiff -- that they cut off limbs

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's going to happen eventually. Probably not this time around, but it will happen. The whole country of Canada is going recreational on October 17th.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Consider who is pushing for this the most, the drug cartel. We don't need this legalized for recreational purposes at all. Our kids have enough to sort out already, adding this to the pile of vices is not going to help society in any way shape or form.

Research what is happening in Colorado first, and tell me it's a good thing on any stretch of the imagination.

You know drug cartel members who have donated to the M3 group? Do you actually believe that any CARTEL would think legalization of the product they are profiting from is beneficial for them? Doesnt even make sense...

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
After spending a week in Denver and walking around the Capital building, library and other public spaces, I can't believe anyone would think legalizing weed is a good thing. Literally hundreds of people laying around on the lawns with trash everywhere. I've watched documentaries on how great the supposed tax revenue was going to be, but they spend more on regulating the dispensaries and other law enforcement than is collected. The same documentary was stating how much stronger the new weed is compared to the stuff from the 70's or 80's. I believe in the medicinal part of it, but why can't it be in pill form so it doesn't cause lung damage?
I'm not disagreeing with you, but are you basing this off of a one time visit? Can you verify that it wasn't like that beforehand? And who were these documentaries by? I'd be curious to know if they were pro or con beforehand. I'm not trying to start a pissing match with you, I can't even say for sure how I feel about M3. I'm still formulating my opinion. I just don't like a bunch of left and right wing jargon to force their opinion down other's throats without letting them formulate their own opinion, and at least use facts and not observations or opinions.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I lived in Colorado from 2003 to 2012 and my wife worked just down the street...doesn't sound like much has changed except now they smoke out in the open instead of under a blue tarped shopping cart.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pressing the button on the first White Castle franchise in ND if it flies;-)

If I convert some gumball machines to dispense Count Chocula cereal for desert can I put them in or in front of your store?

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Considering marijuana should never have been illegal in the first place, I hope it passes and will vote for it. The reefer maddness claims from LE and others are completely unfounded. Driving while under the influence of marijuana has (and will always be) illegal. I have handled hundreds if not over 1,000 DUI cases in my career. You know how many marijuana DUI's I've handled? 1. That's it. It's not a problem at all. On the other hand, I've handled hundreds of alcohol DUI's an no one's talking about banning that.

State's with legal weed see drastic drops in opioid use. That alone is reason to vote for it.

Our legislature gave us all the middle finger regarding medical marijuana. It's time to give it right back and vote yes on M3.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75