Minot Hunters Safety???

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a little gripe here but Minot has a scheduled Hunters Safety Course that was full the day it listed and that was close to a month and a half ago when it was listed. There are no other courses being offered in the Minot area. I see that Bismarck has four. Dickinson has five. Fargo has three.

I know these are volunteer based but I would think that they should work on this when they currently only offer one course for a town of 45,000 people. I guess maybe home study? But in all honesty I think the kids would learn more in the classroom setting. Any ideas short of me going and getting certified and teaching a course?

Griz

Founding Member
Founding Member
There should be more classes coming up soon.
There are usually class size maximums for each class.
Don't get frustrated . I am a volunteer teacher in a different
town . We get enough grief from parents when we have to
flunk their child because the child acts up in class and
can't pass the test . Make sure when your child does
get in a class to help them study .

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just a little gripe here but Minot has a scheduled Hunters Safety Course that was full the day it listed and that was close to a month and a half ago when it was listed. There are no other courses being offered in the Minot area. I see that Bismarck has four. Dickinson has five. Fargo has three.

I know these are volunteer based but I would think that they should work on this when they currently only offer one course for a town of 45,000 people. I guess maybe home study? But in all honesty I think the kids would learn more in the classroom setting. Any ideas short of me going and getting certified and teaching a course?

I heard this a lot so I took the instructor course and have been teaching 2-3 classes a year ever since. Why not volunteer and start teaching the class? I promise you'll get more out of it than they will.

I agree I believe kids learn more in a classroom then doing the "at home" class and then show up for range day. I argued against the on line classes but "those that know better" sad it was a good idea. I think it's a train wreck but no-one is asking me anymore what I think.

I usually fill a class 25-30 people way before it hits the state web site. All I can say is call the state coordinator and ask them to let you know when someone is planning a class and not to wait until it's posted.

I'm a Chief Hunter Ed Instructor in AZ and all of our classes are taught by unpaid volunteers and scheduled by them. I'm also a Sporting Clays Instructor, an NMLRA Instructor and a state rangemaster.

Griz

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can have NDGF send you a text when a
class is posted online . Go on to their website
and see where they can contact you when a class
is available.

ejolliffe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know an instructor in Minot, I will ask him whats going on and post back here when I hear from him.

GSP

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree more people need to help, myself included. However, with all of these classes filling up, i cant help but to be happy and think another generation is ready to hunt. If classes are filling up fast it means that we have some youth ready for their first pheasant, deer, turkey, etc.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75