Alumilite Little munchkin

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have a 5x7 Alumilite little munchkin? I like the idea of being able to haul it and my side by or snowmobile in an enclosed trailer. Light and easy for an old fart like me to handle. What are pro n cons?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would go bigger, you will regret not having extra room for supplies, etc.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would go bigger, you will regret not having extra room for supplies, etc.
I agree. 5X7 is pretty damn small unless you only fish by yourself. That 63" interior height would suck as well IMO. My medium portable Otter Cabin is taller than that.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
The website states fresh air vents but I really don’t see any from the pictures…other than cracking a window…might get a little light headed running a propane heater in one all day…

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see that as more of a solution to the Big Water Fisherman (LOW, Lake Winnipeg, maybe DL) type fishermen who wants to be mobile, but also wants the comfort of a hard shack. Similar to where SnoBear's shine.

I don't see this as the best solution for most of ND waters, UNLESS you always fish solo. Its just too small and think you could get away with something larger. If you already have a tracked Side by Side, look at some of the larger skid type houses.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that behind a tracked and cabbed Ranger would be the Lake Winnipeg bomb.

Agree, or LOW. With the advancements in aluminum shacks, electric augers, tracked side by sides, and wide tracked utility snowmobiles. I think you will see more and more people going to a small skid type house (or they should at least consider it).

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree the low interior height would be combersome however it and my ranger or snowmobile would fit inside my enclosed trailer.

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked one up Saturday it just fits in my enclosed trailer with my 500 ranger. It's a little small but I like being able to lock them up at night.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the idea of a munchkin and a ranger. Way cheaper than a snow bear. If you're a run and gun guy, the height probably will be fine. You'll be walking around enough outside to stretch the legs.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they have about the same height ceiling as a snobear. Is your ranger tracked? If so, what kind of enclosed trailer can you fit it in?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So where did you buy it from? Check out the pics and videos from Beberg outdoors to get some cool ideas on how to set it up. I wander what the best size house would be for pulling behing a indy trail long-track would be?

http://www.bebergoutdoors.com/

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have watched the videos, some very good setups on there. Bought it from Lakota RV they have several different models in stock as a good selection of sizes

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried my lil munchkin out today, pulled nice behind my Arctic Cat ZL 600. Got us on the lake when big houses had to stay home. It is small but was nicer than collapsible portable.
Think I will need to put studs in my track but don't want to rip up my garage floor.

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Farmer - what’s the long term experience with Munchkin?
Easy to move around
easy to heat... hard to keep it cool enough
low headroom but fits in enclosed trailer
That being said I like to get set up and fish and maybe cook a little, I am going to sell it as I bought a small ice castle.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does your enclosed trailer allow you to drive out the front or do you have to back your rig out?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy to move around
easy to heat... hard to keep it cool enough
low headroom but fits in enclosed trailer
That being said I like to get set up and fish and maybe cook a little, I am going to sell it as I bought a small ice castle.

How much? Any pics? Have you added anything to it?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69