NWT Devils Lake

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
If a lowly bass guy such as myself can snag a nice one in the mouth I would think they should do well I would think
attachment.php

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of those guys has a program put together and my money is on Sprengel. He spent the winter guiding on DL and has done very well there in the past.

Be interested to see how things turn out at day one weigh in.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
with the water down - my fishing improved (more quality) imo vs high water last year. Nothing huge this year but nice quality ones. That started for me about second week of june till mid July. I did not make it up last weekend.

Luvbass - nice fish ---- i am going to throw a carolina this weekend !!!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the pros has some special order Rippin Raps and Jiggin Raps in hand. I'D POST A PICTURE BUT SOMEONE HASN'T FIXED THE ISSUE YET.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of those guys has a program put together and my money is on Sprengel. He spent the winter guiding on DL and has done very well there in the past.

Be interested to see how things turn out at day one weigh in.

The guy can fish for sure. He has won up there in the fall before. I can't think of the SoDak guy that usually does well also. Then there is the midnight excavator trick to pull out of one's sleeve;-)

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As low as the water is this year you'd need 2 excavators Ahab.
The guy can fish for sure. He has won up there in the fall before. I can't think of the SoDak guy that usually does well also. Then there is the midnight excavator trick to pull out of one's sleeve;-)

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
Was up there this weekend - came home yesterday - fished from 4' down to 34'. Howards, Haleys, Mikes, Chain, Pelican hit all the right spots - pulled cranks, bottom bouncers with spinners/plain hooks along with jigs and gulp - 7 guys three boats. All experienced fishermen. Maybe kept 30 fish over four days. Ate 14 for shore lunch. one 23" all others 14-18. Nothing of any size. Probably caught 100 10-12" fish. There is a reason they call me "COLD FRONT BREW CREW".....

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Serious question here for those of you in the know..or happen to have a guess, what TYPE of CO ANGLER is the BEST FIT for most of these PRO's these days? A skilled co angler where not much babysitting is necessary or a so called "rookie" who a PRO is not sure if they are gonna jack knife the boat down the landing or clunk at 30 incher in the head while netting. While no one WANTS a partner to clunk a 30 incher on the noggin and lose it, I wonder if some Pro's actually would rather have some one who is more "trainable" than a co angler who is set in there ways. Or do most Pro's coach their co anglers..ie..here..fish with this..fish with that.... I am going to tie this on for you...don't do this..don't do that. Net this way.
At this point in my life I am more just a casual, social fisherperson and life just gets in the way to be any more than that but just kinda curious how the serious guys and gals run things in their boats...Yes..I have heard some stories of this Pro is a dick or this co angler is a dick or whatever..just kinda curious how the majority of the guys do things....I WOULD THINK ALL WOULD WANT TO GROW THE SPORT to get more sponsors, attendance, etc etc. Asking for a friend

Last edited:

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Serious question here for those of you in the know..or happen to have a guess, what TYPE of CO ANGLER is the BEST FIT for most of these PRO's these days? A skilled co angler where not much babysitting is necessary or a so called "rookie" who a PRO is not sure if they are gonna jack knife the boat down the landing or clunk at 30 incher in the head while netting. While no one WANTS a partner to clunk a 30 incher on the noggin and lose it, I wonder if some Pro's actually would rather have some one who is more "trainable" than a co angler who is set in there ways. Or do most Pro's coach their co anglers..ie..here..fish with this..fish with that.... I am going to tie this on for you...don't do this..don't do that. Net this way.
At this point in my life I am more just a casual, social fisherperson and life just gets in the way to be any more than that but just kinda curious how the serious guys and gals run things in their boats...Yes..I have heard some stories of this Pro is a dick or this co angler is a dick or whatever..just kinda curious how the majority of the guys do things....I WOULD THINK ALL WOULD WANT TO GROW THE SPORT to get more sponsors, attendance, etc etc. Asking for a friend

I'm sure the answer is "it depends". But the co-anglers at the Sak event last year got 4-5 hour boat rides and tours of the lake. Have also heard stories of some co-anglers that all they did was re-tie cranks all day. And if it wasn't that they were reeling in fouled lures...

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like pluckem said it depends. If you are on a casting or jig bite having a well seasoned co angler would be a real benefit. Trolling or slip bobbers I'm sure it doesn't matter at all as I'm sure they are the net man 90% of the time in those situations. Though with ND's no party fishing rules I wonder how that works as aren't they allowed to bring in 8 and weigh 5 or something like that?

Hell as strict as some wardens are I bet the pro could get tagged for too many lines if the co angler wasnt casting his two rods out.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The real pro --- will be on the water this saturday. He doesnt care if you bump em with the net. Clinics provided daily. :;:cheers

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member

The guy from Akaska SD? Chad Schilling? He has done pretty good up there on recent tourneys.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chad is a stick no doubt there, little Paulie and the walleye guys are also sharp out of SD. They are unloading now.... be fun to see how it goes.

Doc Sonar is not to be taken lightly. He will be top 10 for sure.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont think Chad is doing much for the national tourneys this year. Staying around here fishing some. Go pitch jigs with him on a river and it will make you want to snap your rod in half when he catches one every cast

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do all of you in the peanut gallery think the Pro's will be coming in to finish top 5 for the 2 days? I'm going to go with ... 46lb min..

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Even though the talk has been 18-20# being a get daily weight, my projections for day one will be 27# with 52# to win it.

Those big girls playing in the deep rocks won't know what hit them today/tomorrow.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well let's make it official; Closest to gets a new DH customs t-shirt. 49.1 lbs to win it.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_8048_1.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84