1. Back To Top    #21
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,681
    Given: 2,349
    after you price a new DPF you'll probably opt for the delete. and the guy that buys it from you will appreciate it. In fact it'll multiply your sales potential ten times.

0 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #22
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,924
    Given: 158
    Classifieds
    Regular maint. on a 6.4L Powerstroke is a 125K Mi DPF replacement

0 Not allowed!
    When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,363
    Given: 975
    Ok, so here's the remainder of the story. After a number of hiccups, some leading to visits with Eides's diesel shop, the guilty party ended up being an Exhaust Gas Back-Pressure Sensor. Kind of an odd thing overall, but I did a bunch of internet sleuthing to arrive at the most likely problem and kind of pushed them in that direction. Note...the guys down at Eides are great to work with, but I don't think this is something they have seen very often.

Anyway, got a new sensor in and some XX months and 8k miles later and she's running fine.

Still thinking of swapping it out for a newer ride this spring. It's been a great ride for some 10 years and 130k miles, but I'm ready to upgrade. If you're in the mood to donate, just send me a pm!

- - - Updated - - -

Note, the guys at Eide stuck a scope up that F250's derriere and turbo enough to not see anything that causes concern with the exhaust itself. She's got a complete clean bill of health.

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Allen; 02-11-2019 at 02:31 AM.
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12