Vacuum sealers and bags

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy crap!!! I have the rolls, make my own bags. However, I feel as though I might just be the worlds most inefficient user of vac-bags/ rolls on the planet. Seems like to get a good seal, I need to use about 2x more bag than necessary so as to not have wrinkles in the sealing strip.

Its entirely possible that there's some user error here. I probably don't use the vac-sealer as often as I should.

Id be all ears if someone has an option that's easy and more efficient than what I'm doing now.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Make a little shelf so that what you are sealing is on the same level as your sealing strip.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can use my real vacuum system if you’d like.

Might need to order some bigger bags ($.04 each)

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, pleated bags are more annoying than poison Ivy over hemorrhoids.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
hold the sealing end taught before/while it seals

(provide span tension to keep it from wrinkling)

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
hold the sealing end taught before/while it seals

(provide span tension to keep it from wrinkling)

Sure, as soon as I grow a 3rd arm with a hand/opposable thumb.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
they got a chamber vac where i help pheasant hunt it works awesome dont know how much they cost though

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
they got a chamber vac where i help pheasant hunt it works awesome dont know how much they cost though

Vacmaster vp210 (or vp112). I have tried to justify this to my self for a few years now and still don't own one. Someday.

Last edited:

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
The vp112 is a cheaper model but I believe has the same motor and pump as the more expensive model. And it's 40lbs lighter which would be useful for me. I think the ability to seal liquids makes them easier to swallow the price tag. Bags are immensely cheaper then Foodsaver bags.

- - - Updated - - -

You can use my real vacuum system if you’d like.

Might need to order some bigger bags ($.04 each)

You must have a chamber vac eh?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chamber vac. They are sweet and bags are cheap. Or else the hand pump bags. They only c9me in a couple of sizes. But, are cheaper and reusable. And no pump to fail. I won't go back to a regular vacuum sealer. Bag cost makes them hard to swallow in my opinion.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I use rolls and double seal both ends, fold up a paper towel to size not the whole thing and put near the seal to keep liquid away from seal

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Also, pleated bags are (more annoying than poison Ivy over hemorrhoids).

SDMF,
That shit right there is hilarious.;:;rofl Especially talking about vacuum sealers. I've totally had it with the cheaper sealers and drop kicked them all. I got so disgusted with this whole process I had to take a couple steps back. When my wife found out I wanted to spend some $$$$ on a good one, she decided she would take over the sealing duties. Those things bother me so bad I can't even be in the same room when she's sealing. I am waiting for her to give me the word and I will contact Guywhoknowssealers to get one that works everytime you need it.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a used foodsaver still that I got off ebay over 10 years ago for around $50 bucks and the damn thing wont die. Its a cheaper one, auto seal sensor doesnt work anymore so I need to flip the switch over to seal when its sucked out good, but it still works...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure, as soon as I grow a 3rd arm with a hand/opposable thumb.

you’re using a POS that doesn’t close/lock on its own? downward hand pressure is required to get the seal?

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve had the VP112 many years.

Still keep rolls and old style around for sealing long stuff like salmon

- - - Updated - - -

there is a huge variety of chamber bags... even reclosable ziplock, cook in bag plastic, etc.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, the pleated bags suck. I only use them for freezing bulk meat that'll eventually be headed for the grinder.

As far as the wrinkles, etc. The original Food Save rolls tend to work better for me when I put the natural curve of the roll down and into the tray. Other than that, mine works pretty well. It's not a commercial version, but it's rated for us wild game processors that use it to seal continuously once we get rolling. It also has the lever-lock on it that I didn't like at first, but since getting accustomed to it I now know I can lock'r down and put my attention to something else as it pumps and seals. I've had it for about 4 years now.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
When sealing juicy things fill the bag and put it in the freezer till it gets stiff. Solves the juice problem.

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the market for new sealer. Recommendations that wont break the bank.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76