Sun glasses

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time to get a new pair of shades. I have a pair of Oakley flak jacket XLJ but they are too narrow for my head. Looking for something wider and with a bit bigger lenses. One requirement that is a must is no glasses with the large dorky frames all the way around the lenses.

I have looked at more oakleys and some wiley-x styles and cant find anything that I like

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
a6320156e51d49963e04fe8ee00615f0acd5b621b45dea4ef6b56eb772fb50a0.jpg

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maui Jims or Costas on the high end, Natives or Oakleys on the medium end, gas station specials on the low end. Depends on how much you want to spend

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got Costa this year and love them. I'll probably be getting a backup pair sometime before spring.

I understand Costa is half price on their web site and at Scheels today.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love my Native Dash XP. Easy to change lens, lightweight, lifetime warranty, and about $110.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Finally picked up a couple pair of Native glasses for me and my wife last year and they are excellent. Stream fishing for salmon and trout it almost makes it unfair. Watching a big fat coho come charging out of the shadows after a streamer just once was worth the price of good glasses. We were mooching coho in in the salt and almost sight fishing them down to 30 FOW. Great glass from my experience and the price doesn't hurt too much and new lenses are not too crazy either.

I just wear safety glasses everyday, driving, working, hunting, etc.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have bought Maui Jims the last two times and will buy them again. They are expensive initially but an excellent product for the money!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone wear night driving glasses that help with headlight glare ?

- - - Updated - - -

do they work ?

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member

- - - Updated - - -

do they work ?

I dont know if I would consider what I had was "night driving glasses" but I did have some sunglasses that had amber lenses and the did make things a lot brighter in low light conditions. Not so great on sunny days though

- - - Updated - - -

I have costas now. Tried both glass and poly for lenses and wouldn't do anything but glass. Seems alot clearer. Mine are rx

campchef

Honored Member

- - - Updated - - -

do they work ?

I picked up a pair of the HD glasses they advertise on TV. $19.99 with free shipping, included the night driving pair. Both serve their purpose with the night driving glasses exceeding my expectations. They work very well.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a pair of the HD glasses they advertise on TV. $19.99 with free shipping, included the night driving pair. Both serve their purpose with the night driving glasses exceeding my expectations. They work very well.

Thanks, campchef, Time for me to order up a pair.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i got some costa's this summer because I cant get lenses for my oakley flak jackets anymore and I like them better than the oakleys

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There was a good thread about sunnies this past summer I think. I ended up getting a pair of Costas, can't remember the model but got the green glass lenses. Great clarity, great fit, and great size to the lenses. First pair of sunnies I have been able to wear all day without the tops of my ears and nose getting "fatigued".

I found them online someplace, a good 50$ cheaper than what Scheels was selling them for.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75