Meat eater sells out

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://thefederalist.com/2019/01/1...pose-big-problems-for-hunter-focused-company/

I really liked the show and Rinellas books and have not problem with guys making a living. Just be honest with what your doing we have all these people who just started hunting acting like some pros and public land advocates. Most of them if they were not making money off it would not give a shit. this new hipster insta famous hunting fad is getting out of hand with guys posing and crying with the animals and shit like that telling people who have hunted their whole lives how they should act. They were all big talking and running people down for making money in the outdoor industry and look at them now.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mehh, so let me get this right. Some douchey liberal democrat bought a large interest in an outdoor/hunting show even though he hates guns and the general audience of the show? Sounds to me like he wants to "Fishing Buddy" the thing and use it as a tax write-off.

Oh well...that's his choice. I'm ok with him becoming a lot poorer.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd say the sellout is TBD. The sell out will be if the content changes. At that point, I would expect Rinella to cut bait, sell his remaining shares, and start another new company. If he sticks around, the sell out is complete. I have confidence he wouldnt do it but i've been wrong about people before.

I never realized the whole NRA/YETI fight that blew up was because, what sounds like to me, a former disgruntled employee and a pissing match. Interesting stuff when talking about millions and millions of dollars on the line. Obrien went from NRA, to YETI, to Meateater. Nowwwwwwww it all makes sense.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mehh, so let me get this right. Some douchey liberal democrat bought a large interest in an outdoor/hunting show even though he hates guns and the general audience of the show? Sounds to me like he wants to "Fishing Buddy" the thing and use it as a tax write-off.

Oh well...that's his choice. I'm ok with him becoming a lot poorer.
Yep and just like Fishing Buddy it'll make no difference to the hunters cuz they'll just move on to the other media sources available.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read it twice.

- - - Updated - - -

What needs to be done...…….

In 1987 Smith and Wesson was purchased by a British Company. In the 90's Bill Clinton waged a war on gun manufacturers that they could be sued by families of loved ones who died from gun violence. Smith and Wesson capitulated becoming immune.

https://clintonwhitehouse4.archives.gov/textonly/WH/New/html/20000317_2.html

The NRA floated an email:

PLEASE REPOST EVERYWHERE:
Smith and Wesson gets two-thirds of its business from the civilian Marketplace. There aren’t enough military sales to sustain its Business. But there are plenty other firearms makes and models. Both Glock for pistols and Taurus revolvers come to mind.
IF WE ALL STOPPED BUYING NEW S&W FIREARMS, HATS AND ACCESSORIES FOR THE REST OF 2000 AND 2001, THERE WOULD BE NO S&W TO KEEP THE DEAL WITH THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION.No one has to go without a gun, simply go without an S&W gun.Let’s fool them all. STOP BUYING NEW S&S PRODUCTS AT ANY PRICE FROM ANYONE
Sales plummeted. In 2001 Smith and Wesson was sold for a fraction of its worth to a small start up.

The template is right there. No sportsman has to go without a web-forum. Just not that one until it is sold again to a friendly.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMHO that article was a hammer looking for a nail..bunch of bullshit, looking to stir something up! If i dont like .308 caliber rifles, am I anti guns? regret even wasting my time reading it,, for dumb

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope it doesn't change anything. He's supposed to be doing a show in ND this year.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMHO that article was a hammer looking for a nail..bunch of bullshit, looking to stir something up! If i dont like .308 caliber rifles, am I anti guns? regret even wasting my time reading it,, for dumb

it just goes to show that money is the bottom line. Which i am fine with just have the balls to say it and dont be fake ass cucks like the modernhuntsman

- - - Updated - - -

ben o brien makes me want to puke

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well we should see soon if there is any negative influence that comes from this new ownership. Hopefully they stick to their roots and not start veering left. Barstool sports doesn’t have a leftist influence and they now have the same owners.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s not even who it’s sold to that bothers me. It’s the fact he was amongst that group that is against making money on the out doors. Would only use gear they want and not be sponsored so their not bought out. Gritty bowman also comes to mind. These people use the public land no different than a rancher running his cows and that’s a major reason they are on the public land train their pocket book. A little honest talk would be nice. The preaching had gone a little over board here lately. Most of these high moral hunters look down on people who smile with something they kill and it’s not even so much about rinella as it is the industry right now with huntresses and influencers. A bunch of social media clowns who have killed little to nothing trying to tell people who have been hunting their whole life what and how we should be acting and doing.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't seen a new episode don't have Netflix and am not paying for it to just watch meat eater. Still listen to a few podcasts. Ben o brien is bad for their brand seems to be out of touch to me. Agreed with kurtr don't blow smoke up our ass

- - - Updated - - -

Good for rinella making the money on the sell out but he is partners now with a guy who is anti gun and if they make money that money gets donated to antigun/liberal causes

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s not even who it’s sold to that bothers me. It’s the fact he was amongst that group that is against making money on the out doors. Would only use gear they want and not be sponsored so their not bought out. Gritty bowman also comes to mind. These people use the public land no different than a rancher running his cows and that’s a major reason they are on the public land train their pocket book. A little honest talk would be nice. The preaching had gone a little over board here lately. Most of these high moral hunters look down on people who smile with something they kill and it’s not even so much about rinella as it is the industry right now with huntresses and influencers. A bunch of social media clowns who have killed little to nothing trying to tell people who have been hunting their whole life what and how we should be acting and doing.

i have not heard or seen steve speak of not having sponsors, he seem's very sponsored. vortex and first lite very much so, i can only assume he is a partner in first lite. i hope it doesn't change the way they are currently operating, i have heard some of the newer podcasts from the other partners in the new group and i'm not 100% on them but i was never a mark kenyon fan anyway and april vokey is too fly curious for the simple bait fisherman i am. About gritty bowman how ever, I have stopped following him because of the sponsorship he took it too far and lost what was good about his podcast, when he lost aron I stopped listening. I have not missed a kifarucast yet.

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with dblkluk on this one. If anyone knows the company First Lite clothing. Ryan Callaghan left there to join the Meat Eater Company. Picked up from Idaho to move to Bozeman. Ryan's a advocate to the outdoors and the protection of public land. I doubt he would stake his reputation leaving First Lite to join something totally un known.

I've been watching Rinella before he was on Meat Eater. He does an awesome job educating the non hunter groups.

Check out some of Rinella's you tube videos were he's put the chopping block so to say; by non hunters and non meat eaters. He's far from a sell out. I'm sure this isn't a mistake.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I've seen, this Rinnella puts together a good show. He's NOT afraid to put field dressing and butchering in his show as well as some pretty good culinary segments. He may or may not allow his output to be swayed, but I have a very difficult time labeling him a sell out. IF a rich anti hunter offered me way above market value for my hunting land, I'd probably let him have it. Does that make me a sell out?? The only sell outs I ever see, are those that let others dictate to them what they should and should not do instead of making up their own minds on what to do. It ensures that the person letting others make the decisions for them........is NEVER HAPPY!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66