AAF

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would rather watch the old lingerie league. If you look through the list of names under executives its not hard to figure out that this will just be a stepping stone for some guys to get to the NFL.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like their thought on the 3 year contract for $250,000. That is what the NFL should have. Everyone paid the same, it is a team sport and takes all the players to win and make a team.
These NFL QB's getting 20-30 million a year is BS in my book. No person is worth that kind of money.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like their thought on the 3 year contract for $250,000. That is what the NFL should have. Everyone paid the same, it is a team sport and takes all the players to win and make a team.
These NFL QB's getting 20-30 million a year is BS in my book. No person is worth that kind of money.

Actually we say they're worth that crazy money.....every time we buy a hat, shoes, jerseys, bumper stickers, posters, hundreds of millions of people buying stuff with their name on it. They're just Hollywood actors, and the ones the most people pay to see get paid the most.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^ Yup. We make them worth that. Someone is gonna get the money. Might as well be the players.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just like baseball has minor league players that can be called up to play for the majors it would be nice to see that for the nfl.

- - - Updated - - -

Also muleymadness the GOAT president was one of the brain childs who started the AFL which you could argue was the first minor league until it merged with the NFL.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member

Where would the rest of the money the team owners make go? Should the government take it and hand it out?

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess i should have clarified what i said. The pay should be the same for ALL players. No one should make 30 million more than someone else. The QB wouldn't be worth that if the lineman didn't block for him on every play.
If you want to give bonuses out at the end of the year for say 1 million maximum per player if he does have an exceptional year that would be good. Heck if you make 2-3 million per year and if that isn't enough go punch a time clock for a living.
I get a kick out of when a player signs for the big bucks and then comes out and says he isn't playing for the money or it isn't about the money, I say BS. It is all about the money and trying to be the highest paid. I always say don't try bullshitting a bullshitter!

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
seahawks1.jpg

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then they can stop digging around in taxpayer's pockets for money to build their stadiums.

I doubt that, the kind of cash and economy supported by those places will still have every elected city official voting aye as fast as possible.

Anyway i I actually just turned it on. Never heard of it before this thread. Really not too bad some serious hitting going on that’s for sure. And then there’s this:
8398401C-9BED-49E9-92AA-4D5D73732FCF.jpg

That might be fun enough to make me a fan haha.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just like baseball has minor league players that can be called up to play for the majors it would be nice to see that for the nfl.

- - - Updated - - -

Also muleymadness the GOAT president was one of the brain childs who started the AFL which you could argue was the first minor league until it merged with the NFL.

E0BFE9DF-7AA9-4A9D-B063-3CE2D0EE8DC6.jpg
Trump bought the New Jersey Generals, a team in the USFL, in 1983. He then tried to take on the NFL for antitrust issues in 1985/86, claiming the NFL had a stranglehold on TV rights. Tried suing them for $1.7 billion. Judge awarded USFL owners $1 in court, and the USFL never played another game. The USFL did not merge with the NFL. It was hemorrhaging money from day one. Trump took on a leviathan and lost spectacularly.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
9d5625c0124fe70c87648abda44a006d_width-600.jpg
Trump bought the New Jersey Generals, a team in the USFL, in 1983. He then tried to take on the NFL for antitrust issues in 1985/86, claiming the NFL had a stranglehold on TV rights. Tried suing them for $1.7 billion. Judge awarded USFL owners $1 in court, and the USFL never played another game. The USFL did not merge with the NFL. It was hemorrhaging money from day one. Trump took on a leviathan and lost spectacularly.
dually noted I stand corrected should have googled it I have noticed that when I get older my mind isn't as sharp on the finer points of information.

- - - Updated - - -

I watched the game last night was quite good considering

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was a shorter season then the xfl I believe, seems the AAF are canceling the rest of the season becuase of poor turnouts. It didn't help when the the games weren't televised on any national television channel. It's too bad

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75