Roundup causes cancer?

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
My question is was the guy wearing all of the proper PPE required by the label. Was he applying the product by the label and following it exactly how you are legally suppose to according to the label. I work in agriculture and find it very hard to believe that a janitor at a school was exposed to enough round up to cause cancer.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
does it surprise you that roundup causes cancer? id like to see a farmer wearing the proper PPE when applying chemicals.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
This story kind of hit home with me too as I've used it and been around it for years. I'd say 90% of the time I tried to use it responsibly but there were times I'd hit up an area quickly without due to my laziness...and possibly my potential demise.
Herbicides are nasty. My dad was the county weed sprayer for many years of his older adult life and died in his early 70's of a blood disease called Myelodysplacia. The physician said it could have been caused by his exposure to all the herbicides. But then I wonder how much an individuals resistance/metabolism contributes to their potential health issues in life. I call it the 'bee sting' scenario. One person can be stung by a bee and be completely fine when another could die from it. I had an uncle that worked around asbestos his whole life and died when he was 89 years old and was never diagnosed with asbestosis or mesothelioma.
Just live life to the fullest and deal with it if it comes your way cause were all going to go sometime.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wasn't it the World Health Organization that declared that Roundup DIDN'T cause cancer. Thought I read this in the news over a year ago. Perhaps it was Fake News where i read it.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone's body is different. What affects me might not harm you at all.
I don't think it is just the applying of roundup. It is spraying of the crops before harvest and you can't tell me that spray doesn't stay on the kernel or whatever you are spraying. While roundup surely did help with weed and grass control it like so many things is getting over used and that our bodies can't continue to process it and we get a reaction from it.
Like the old saying too much of a good thing isn't always good.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well something causes cancer nowadays that wasn't 50 years ago.

If cancer is the uncontrolled division of cells, it makes sense to me that any chemical that promotes the division of cells such as fertilizers, could cause cancer.

I realize Roundup is basically the opposite of fertilizer. I'm just suggesting that our increased use of chemicals is probably playing into it.

Last edited:

rapala_09

Honored Member
"A Second US jury finds that roundup causes cancer". I think its odd that a jury would have any say in whether or not a product causes cancer. That seems like a job for a scientist.....not the opinion of a jury. But I didn't take the time to read the entire article from "Ecowatch.com" either, All of the ridiculous shit on the left side of their screen made me roll my eyes and close the article. Hippies.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread should be epic and aids was transferred to humans when scientists used a different species of monkeys when they were making polio vaccine that was tainted.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I asked nean delson why is it that there is warning labels were a certain product as been known to cause cancer in California, so is it easier to get cancer in California then anywhere else in the country.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I asked nean delson why is it that there is warning labels were a certain product as been known to cause cancer in California, so is it easier to get cancer in California then anywhere else in the country.

The whole state is cancer and should be sold to China to help pay down our nation debt

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well something causes cancer nowadays that wasn't 50 years ago.

If cancer is the uncontrolled division of cells, it makes sense to me that any chemical that promotes the division of cells such as fertilizers, could cause cancer.

I realize Roundup is basically the opposite of fertilizer. I'm just suggesting that our increased use of chemicals is probably playing into it.
This is pretty much a given...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77