I can't believe stupid shit they come up with

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakota House wants to spend $5M on cactus greenhouse

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — North Dakota's Republican-led House wants to spend $5 million on a greenhouse for a cactus collection at a tourist attraction that straddles the U.S.-Canadian border.

The House approved the appropriation 61-29 on Monday for the International Peace Garden, but not before some prickly debate.

GOP Rep. Daniel Johnston of Kathryn told fellow lawmakers the state has far more needs and "we're ripping the North Dakota taxpayer off." He says he'd rather go to Arizona to see cacti.

Rep. Jon Nelson defended the expenditure, saying the cactus collection is "world class."

The Parks and Recreation budget now goes to the Senate for more review.

The garden north of Dunseith was dedicated in 1932 and is a tribute to the peace between the U.S. and Canada.

This is just unbelievable!!! Mr. Nelson you sir are a retarded dumb fuck!

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your fkn kidding me right? What a circus it is in this town nowadays.... there needs to be a test or qualifier to be deemed a republican in nd.....It seems as though alot of the R’s in nd should be D’s....

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
WHAAAAT??????? Shouldn't surprise me.....

Spend the 5 mil on something worthwhile like slot limits! #$%^&>

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm, seems we have plenty of prickly pear cacti around, but maybe we have something more exotic and difficult to grow????

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your fkn kidding me right? What a circus it is in this town nowadays.... there needs to be a test or qualifier to be deemed a republican in nd.....It seems as though alot of the R’s in nd should be D’s....

Maybe the problem is that they are mostly old male white Republicans. Put the blame where it’s deserved.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the problem is that they are mostly old male white Republicans. Put the blame where it’s deserved.

If that isn’t one of the more racist, hate ful bigot comments I’ve read in awhile.....whatever that means if you and you left wing buds could clarify your comments for me?? Oh wait it’s only racist when it’s from the right eh??

- - - Updated - - -

Young black female........ uff da see my point

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree that there are too many old men in the legislature. One of the problems is that it is a year and a half before only half of them will be up for election and we will have forgotten all about it. In most of the state as long as the name is familiar and it has an "R" by it, they are automatically re-elected.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From the first comment there are a couple things that stick out to me, as well as some of the other comments. First is that it appears this expenditure is a result for the Parks and Recreation budget. If so I'm guessing the Parks and Recreation requested the expenditure in a line item, not as a separate bill in the legislature. If that is the case then perhaps they also requested expenditures in the Minot or Bismarck, or some other part to the state as well. Their purpose is to improve the Parks and Recreation of the state. It is true that this cacti collection is world class and was left to the International Peace Garden by and individual from Minot. Is the expenditure necessary? Probably not necessary but certainly has some value. Kind of ranks in the category as the state museum in Bismarck, the state fair in Minot or the state parks around the state.

Next, Jon Nelson is not an old white guy with an R next to his name, he's white but everything else does not fit. He supported the bill which isn't uncommon for any legislator to support something that is in their district area. He wasn't the only one vote to in favor. I live fairly close to the International Peace Garden and don't go there often but you do have to admit that a Garden, dedicated to Peace between two countries, the only one in the world, has value and deserves continued fiscal support.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree that there are too many old men in the legislature. One of the problems is that it is a year and a half before only half of them will be up for election and we will have forgotten all about it. In most of the state as long as the name is familiar and it has an "R" by it, they are automatically re-elected.
I dont think MEN is the problem, but old could be a factor...

On a side note, maybe theyd be willing to feature these cacti in their exhibit, from all the peeps at NDAngler...
Cacti.JPG

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the first comment there are a couple things that stick out to me, as well as some of the other comments. First is that it appears this expenditure is a result for the Parks and Recreation budget. If so I'm guessing the Parks and Recreation requested the expenditure in a line item, not as a separate bill in the legislature. If that is the case then perhaps they also requested expenditures in the Minot or Bismarck, or some other part to the state as well. Their purpose is to improve the Parks and Recreation of the state. It is true that this cacti collection is world class and was left to the International Peace Garden by and individual from Minot. Is the expenditure necessary? Probably not necessary but certainly has some value. Kind of ranks in the category as the state museum in Bismarck, the state fair in Minot or the state parks around the state.

Next, Jon Nelson is not an old white guy with an R next to his name, he's white but everything else does not fit. He supported the bill which isn't uncommon for any legislator to support something that is in their district area. He wasn't the only one vote to in favor. I live fairly close to the International Peace Garden and don't go there often but you do have to admit that a Garden, dedicated to Peace between two countries, the only one in the world, has value and deserves continued fiscal support.
How much is Canada contributing to this peace garden???

Why do they need a greenhouse to grow cactus? We have plenty of cactus in ND that survives just fine without a fricking green house!

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakota House wants to spend $5M on cactus greenhouse

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — North Dakota's Republican-led House wants to spend $5 million on a greenhouse for a cactus collection at a tourist attraction that straddles the U.S.-Canadian border.

The House approved the appropriation 61-29 on Monday for the International Peace Garden, but not before some prickly debate.

GOP Rep. Daniel Johnston of Kathryn told fellow lawmakers the state has far more needs and "we're ripping the North Dakota taxpayer off." He says he'd rather go to Arizona to see cacti.

Rep. Jon Nelson defended the expenditure, saying the cactus collection is "world class."

The Parks and Recreation budget now goes to the Senate for more review.

The garden north of Dunseith was dedicated in 1932 and is a tribute to the peace between the U.S. and Canada.

This is just unbelievable!!! Mr. Nelson you sir are a retarded dumb fuck!

What about the 61 dip shits that voted yes?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74