Oahe (Mobridge)

Oley55

Established Member
Got a family camping/fishing trip planned to Oahe/Mobridge next week. Anyone from the area willing to give some tips on finding walleyes there? Not sure if we should go north or south. Thanks in advance!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be down there also starting on Memorial Day Monday. I'll post reports if possible.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Know people have been doing ok down by akaska. Lots of new water it is muddy and temps are still cold.

Oley55

Established Member
I'll be down there also starting on Memorial Day Monday. I'll post reports if possible.

We get in Monday too. We'll be at the Indian Hills CG. I'll post if we get into them also. Stop by for a beer if you see a black crestliner and black lund together with a couple 5th wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

Know people have been doing ok down by akaska. Lots of new water it is muddy and temps are still cold.

Thanks I'll check it out! We did pretty well last year not far from the campground hopefully we can do that again.
Stop by for a beer if you see a black crestliner and black lund together with a couple 5th wheels.

Last edited:

Oley55

Established Member
Yes...must have confused it with the one up here on Sakakawea

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I seen you guys fishing right at the east end of campground. That was me shore fishing. I haven't had the boat out yet, the wife doesn't want to cruise in the cold, says she gets ear aches. We had a lot of bites but only reeled in one little cat. Had 2 get off when they took it into a snag. Tomorrow we'll get the ranger out. The guys camping bye us said they went to Pollock, got 12 but small. Not sure how many they kept. The dinky ones I throw back don't count in my end count.

Oley55

Established Member
Ya probably was us we fished there a few times. Been kinda tough finding good size fish lots of small ones. We got enough for a few meals so far though. By the campground been good to us. Heard by pollock was better fishing too but tons of boats so we’ll probably skip that. Beautiful weather so far so we can’t complain. Trying just north of Mobridge tomorrow. Good luck to you!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pollock bombed out yesterday with two tournaments got lots of reports sounds like the Moreau south was better fish

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya probably was us we fished there a few times. Been kinda tough finding good size fish lots of small ones. We got enough for a few meals so far though. By the campground been good to us. Heard by pollock was better fishing too but tons of boats so we’ll probably skip that. Beautiful weather so far so we can’t complain. Trying just north of Mobridge tomorrow. Good luck to you!

I couldn't believe how stained the water was. I think its coming from the Grand River, as it's really stained. I wanted to go north of Oak Creek, but the wife doesn't like the wind says it gives her ear aches. Maybe she'll buy me a full windshield and a new tarp lol. We only took the boat out Wednesday and Thursday, kept 5 total, and two of those were just under 14" which I rarely keep.

What tournaments were in Pollock? National Guard? What other one?

I've good reports up here in Yates, and Beaver Bay but a week ago Sat. I went out and it wasn't great.

Oley55

Established Member
We needed the full windshield friday! Got a little wet. Fishing was Same story today lots of fish 2 keepers. Got another week here so hopefully it picks up.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I couldn't believe how stained the water was. I think its coming from the Grand River, as it's really stained. I wanted to go north of Oak Creek, but the wife doesn't like the wind says it gives her ear aches. Maybe she'll buy me a full windshield and a new tarp lol. We only took the boat out Wednesday and Thursday, kept 5 total, and two of those were just under 14" which I rarely keep.

I've good reports up here in Yates, and Beaver Bay but a week ago Sat. I went out and it wasn't great.

wolves on the water

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member

I fished Beaver Saturday. Ended up with 8 between two of us but had to work for them

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76