Wireless Trail Camera

Viper

I'm looking at getting some soon for up coming season. What your thought on best/ most reliable wireless cameras on the market? Was thinking of getting the Cuddy back set up but not sure want to pay that much.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been using Spartan cams for 4 or 5 years now. Been quite nice (assuming you are talking about cell cameras). Just make sure you are getting the 4g units. As of July (I think) they will no longer allow activation of 3g units.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spartan micro link camera. Brand new this year. 149.99 retail! I have 3 and love them. Each one took about 2 minutes to set up

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spartan micro link camera. Brand new this year. 149.99 retail! I have 3 and love them. Each one took about 2 minutes to set up

I think you mean Spypoint, not Spartan. I also just bought one Spypoint micro link. Will be setting it up sometime shortly and will report back some results. Cam runs $149.99 at scheels, and monthly charge is $7 per cam

SlickTrick125

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does that $7.99 include as many pictures as the camera takes? Meaning if I hypothetically get 2000 pictures of a peace of grass blowing in the wind, will it send all of them to me for that price? Also can i deactivate the plan during the winter when my camera is not in the field?

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two things.
every picture it takes, it will send. I turned the sensitivity to low on mine, and don’t get many grass pictures.

second, it’s $7 per month if you pay annual, or 10 per month

SlickTrick125

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the info! I may have to bite the bullet and get at least one of these. This sounds like a pretty reasonable deal compared to when I looked into it ab few years ago. If I get one of these and some lithium batteries I won’t have to ever go into a spot till the time is right for killing. That’s a recipe for a Booner.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ran a few last year and also sell them. The new micro with the lower price is a game changer and now the lower rates for the app is the cats ass. I sell quite a few of them and will be running more this year. It's nice to not have to disturb an area so much.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ran a few last year and also sell them. The new micro with the lower price is a game changer and now the lower rates for the app is the cats ass. I sell quite a few of them and will be running more this year. It's nice to not have to disturb an area so much.

Do you offer a more competitive price than the $149.00 +/- they appear to cost at most places?

Nelly

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used Covert cameras last year and they worked great. You have the option to adjust your plan online monthly. I am definitely getting a few more for this season. I don't think that I will be purchasing regular trial cameras anymore. The wireless ones are more convenient and save time and gas money checking them every day. Some of my hunting stands are more than 40 minutes from home.

Last edited:

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
You want to buy what ever the BEST service is.
Example: if you have AT&T as your dealer, but Verizon has the best service in your area...BUY the Verizon .
in other words, no it doesn’t matter

andyb15

Established Member
I bought one of these a week ago after reading this thread and have loved it so far. Very easy to operate.

what do you guys use for an attractant? Where I placed my camera it’s 3/8 of a mile walk through standing corn and my 5 gallon bucket of corn didn’t make it a week. Any longer lasting attractants?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could try a salt lick, or just make your own.

1 part dicalcium phosphate
2 parts trace mineral salt
1 part stock salt

Then mix in some dry molasses or high protein liquid feed. You can buy the stuff in large quantities and store it in a big Rubbermaid tub. They will literally dig a hole in the ground trying to get the last of it. Just make sure you put it on bare ground or really short grass.

- - - Updated - - -

Question on these spypoints. Are the pictures sent to your phone, or is it possible to setup them up to send directly to a computer or file folder? I'm new to the wireless ones, but would like to try them. My cameras usually average 1,000 - 2,000 pictures every two weeks, so I'd hate to have to manage that many pictures using my phone.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started using a few Spypont Link Micros on Friday last week. Pros: Affordable, great concept with no setup on camera itself, takes pretty good pictures, responsive support. Cons: App is a little clunky (had many errors while doing the referral piece, incomplete directions during setup), camera sometimes will miss updates.

Overall I will likely add one or two more to my fleet, I just do not have too many spots in my area with enough cell coverage to deploy a bunch.

They also have a great referral program where friends get either a free month or $50 off next purchase as well as the new customer. So make sure to utilize that when you buy one.

Iceman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a phone through work so how do I make this work? Just buy straight talk Verizon cards?

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a phone through work so how do I make this work? Just buy straight talk Verizon cards?

nope. That’s the beauty of these. Just buy the camera, scan the SIM ID on the camera and it’s food to go. No having to deal with verizon

berry3614

i bought a micro camera. i set it up. but as soon as i left the field the app dont work. Just says connecting the whole time so i havent got 1 picture sent to me

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76