Fenwick releases two new rods this year at Icast

NDOUTDOORS

Fenwick has released two awesome rods this year. The Tech is back and its a great rod. new guides and new actions. Best rod on the market for $200. They also updated the World Class which is in a class well above its price point. I have been a huge fan of the HMG and elittech rods but these two have blown me away. Has anyone else seen these?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fenwicks have never been as good since pure fishing bought them out

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve pretty much fell in love with the world class rods. I have two now and could easily see having 4 or 5 by next spring. Also just picked up a tech and so far like it very well. I generally run mostly Croix but I’d say the world class rods are neck and neck with the top croix rods.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree.
The world class is an excellent stick.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not responsible enough for fancy shmancy rods. That and the kids think my rods are theirs and usually come back abused.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m a GLoomis snob but I’d like to try one of the rods that used that powerlux resin. Might have to give fenwick a try

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the $200 range I prefer St. Croix Avid to everything else.

To me everything Fenwick feels 1-step "heavier" than their rating. I.E. a Fenwick Med is everyone else's Med-Hvy.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
For two hundred, I'm going custom build instead of factory mass produced. The line guides will be properly positioned on the spine, I can choose how many guides, what type of guide, I can pick the handle design and material, AND I can pick the color. Guess I'm picky about the rods I use. (Grin)

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kind of a Croix fan also. Have an Avid, Premier, and Triumph.
Couple Fenwicks, HMG & HMX, they are OK in my opinion.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never been a Fenwick fan either. I’d take St Croix over Fenwick all day, but that’s only my preference. Got a buddy who loves his Fenwicks. I Started building my own rods a couple years ago and havent looked back. There are some really good quality blanks out there that stack up with the best off the shelf rods. KDM is right about guides handles and all that as well.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Overpriced Chinese rods? No thanks. If I’m spending $200 plus on a rod I’m buying USA made. Might not matter to everyone but it does to me.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Funny I just bashed them late last week on this thread. Fishing Saturday dead man pole got heavy I picked it up and it was a snag. Jerked on it a couple times trying to get it out. Snapped off the top 18 inches of the rod. It was my Fenwick HMG. 2 years old and I might have used it 8-10 times. I hope they do not warranty it so I can throw it in the garbage.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
The lower end Fenwick rods have always felt heavy and poor on the sensitivity side to me. The world class rods are a huge step up for Fenwick. They are very comparable to a 400 dollar Croix. And I’m a Croix guy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74