heart recipes

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got last years antelope sitting in the fridge thawing out. What’s ur best recipes?

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Remove the membrane sac, slice, Dredge in flour and seasoned salt. Pan fry in bacon grease to medium rare.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Garlic, onions and butter. Pretty sure every thing is edited left with the right mix.

stalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also like to eat them right away. We usually have a couple of meals during the first week of season when everyone is still there.

My older brother cleans them up and slices about 3/8" to 1/2" thick. He removes all the junk as stated above.

We have a gas grill at the cabin so I use an A-Maze-N smoke tube to get some flavor. I season them with whatever steak seasoning I enjoy at the time and then I cook them with no flame and the smoke tube (depending on outside temp) for about 45 minutes. Then I light up half the grill to finish them on low. I don't believe I stick a thermometer in them, but the goal is medium rare.

The results are spectacular. Save the tips for the newbies. They will be hooked for life.

If possible, serve with a good red wine in a well used coffee cup. Side dishes are optional. Looks like I had left over venison hamburger beans. Paper plates add a touch of class also.

Now my tummy is rumbling. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

Venison Heart Pic 1.jpg Venison Heart Pic 2.jpg

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
We've always eaten them fresh, slice about 1/4" thick and roll in salt,pepper, and flower then fry in butter. Heart is one of my favorites

Last edited:

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
haha as you all eat commercially processed summer sausage with ground up bits of heart and other organs.......

- - - Updated - - -

so some of you chuck it in the field drive home sit aorund the campfire and devour organ meat

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try save the heart every deer we get. As already stated above, clean it up good, flour n season salt. Fry up and enjoy!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
haha as you all eat commercially processed summer sausage with ground up bits of heart and other organs.......

Every single burger anyone has ever eaten from a restaurant among a litany of other things.

I got an 8lb heart in my freezer that I can’t wait to bust into this weekend. Almost killed me to put it in the freezer...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74