Portable Gas Tanks

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over the last 6 months I've had fuel issues with my boat. It was running fine for awhile, then started surging and losing power. I've got two 6 gallon portable fuel tanks that feed a 75HP Evinrude. I've replaced the primer bulb and fuel line, and most of the tank/fuel line connectors. A brand new connector on the fuel line to a brand new connector on a fuel tank is sucking air when I prime the bulb. My questions is, has anyone ran a three-way valve between two portable tanks to avoid switching the fuel line back and forth between the two tanks as needed? I've replaced one of the two tanks and will be replacing the 2nd tank in the spring. I'd like to go to a straight barb-type connection to each tank to avoid having to use the Evinrude/Johnson connectors all-together. Having a tough time finding a reasonable 3-way brass valve to handle the job...maybe I'm not looking in the right places? I can't fathom spending $20+ on a simple 3-way valve, but maybe that's just the going rate. Anyone done something similar?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76