Recommend a Golden Retriever Kennel/Breeder

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey folks,

My wife and I have decided it's time to add a dog to our family. We are pretty set on a golden retriever for multiple reasons, namely the breed's friendly nature, intelligence and hunting capability.

I have never gone through the process of purchasing a dog before so I'm reaching out to the Nodak community knowing there are some very experienced dog owners on the site. I would love to hear some recommendations on a quality golden retriever kennel or breeder. Also, any pieces of advice on what to look for when purchasing and training a dog would be appreciated also.

Thanks!

Jimbo

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jim, I know an older fellow that's not doing well.
He's got a wonderful 1 year old. Beautiful dog.
He's worried about the dog if/ when he dies which may be soon.
If interested, I can talk to him.
It's a male, super friendly and energetic. LOVES people and kids.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There you go, can't beat that deal. The puppy craziness is past, the pup is settling down, and it would be a great relief for the present owner.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bucksandbears suggestion is great for the older gentleman’s dog (although I feel sorry for his friend) :( It would give the guy peace of mind knowing his dog has a place to go. But if that doesn’t work out, got this emailed to me today.

FB60C294-2BFC-42AB-BECD-41BB68A647CF.jpg

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
The offer from Bucksnbears was a very generous one but my wife and I have decided we want to go with a puppy. I know it isn't necessarily the most convenient route but we want to start with a puppy as we think our young kids will really enjoy having a puppy in the house and the dog will learn and grow with our kids. A puppy means more work for me but having kids bond with a new puppy we believe will be worth the work.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I will definitely put the word out on this 1 year old golden. I can imagine that gentleman would love the peace of mind that his dog will have a home when the time comes.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75