Brass Prep Services

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been thinking about a way to make a little extra cash on the side doing something I really enjoy in my downtime. I know there are businesses that will do your brass prep for you, just send in your fired brass and leave the rest to them (obviously aside from throwing a charge and seating bullets). Do you think there would be a market for a service like this in ND? Could full-length size/deprime, polish, and trim. Looking at getting into annealing as well for my personal use, but if something were to come of it, that could be included as a service as well. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Skullet

Established Member
Will you sprinkle unicorn dust on my 6.5 Creedmoor and promise I'll be able to shoot 3000 yards?

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
I assumed that was standard practice....of course! I figured since you already own the 6.5CM you're already shooting out to 5,000 on the regular ;)

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You could probable get more business on the annealing side. Just convince the handloaders its a must and will give you longer case life.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
This will be tough sell IMO. I got into reloading for multiple reasons including cutting costs. Your service will be an expense to those who already have the equipment.

A few things that might work: case annealing, processing range once fired brass (including primer pockets crimp removal), or necking up or down standard cases to wildcat cartridges.

Another route would be to work up loads for others, but the liability factor would enough to scare me into not sleeping at night.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75