James river.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone try fishing the James below the reservoir a ways. I saw when I was in Jamestown the water was running through there pretty good. Never fished there and don’t know if it’s even possible.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are the kind of spots that will not get reported on online. I wouldn't if it were me. Now huge bodies like OAHE, ya I'll let info out.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are there even fish in that river? I would guess so. Have fished the reservoir but never the river. Usually looks too low to even try most times.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes there are fish, all kinds!

I can assure you this year it will not be too low, my sandbagged back yard can be used as evidence, and it usually isn't too low anyways. The river is alot deeper in spots than you'd think.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes there are fish, all kinds!

I can assure you this year it will not be too low, my sandbagged back yard can be used as evidence, and it usually isn't too low anyways. The river is alot deeper in spots than you'd think.
Ya. That’s what it looked like the other day. Never seen water running like that in the middle of winter. Do guys run boats on there? Looks like it could be fun a little further south of town.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty much every river in the state that holds reasonable water year round has a number of fish species in it. The best way to find out is ask the fish questions with a number of baits. Lots of places hold game fish that rarely see baits.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have seen smallies swimming, never caught one though. You could put a small boat it, but it's not like theres a ramp anywhere around here. I would stick to canoe/kayak for navigating the James.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the high water the last 10 months there's going to be a never ending supply of silver carp at the Jamestown and pipestem dams.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67