New wheels

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been 12 years sence I got a new car, holy crap going to have to set in the driveway for a few days to learn all the new stuff.:D:D:D

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate learning where the buttons are for things. They always have to move or redo things and not always for the better.
Our new Buick Enclave Avenir doesn't have a CD player. What the heck!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been 12 years sence I got a new car, holy crap going to have to set in the driveway for a few days to learn all the new stuff.:D:D:D

I’d love to buy the wife a new SUV but dang they are so overpriced! I wish she wanted a truck because they depreciate half as fast.....

What did you buy?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’d love to buy the wife a new SUV but dang they are so overpriced! I wish she wanted a truck because they depreciate half as fast.....

What did you buy?
Subaru Forester for the wifes commuter car to Fargo. Wanted 4 wheel drive for the winter and decent gas mpg. Looked at all the brands. Hope I picked right.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife has had a couple outbacks, they have been great just tires and gas.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Brokenback:
Wife bouught 2019 enclave and we will never know all the buttons as we do not need to know all the buttons.
Main thing i found how to override the engine stopping at stop signs.
But went on trip, at 7000 miles started jerking like it was misfiring in Brandson.
Call buick dealer up and he said he knew what was wrong and bring it in.
Seems wrong transmission fuild and so they changed. Said buick had a bulletin out on this. Anyways, ran find after changing fluid.
Did you have a similas problem with your enclave? db

- - - Updated - - -

Jeep traded in never knew all buttons.
Yesterday i was cleaning dash on my 2014 Dodge Ram and notice a lever at bottom of steering columun.
Push it and the pedals went up and down, never knew it was there and that is how important that feature was/is.

But my 97 Dodge cummings, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 2500: i think i know ever button it that one and even the one that pulls the chevys and fords backwards and also my 77 Cutlass that was bought new in 76. Just does not have any buttons. db

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
But my 97 Dodge cummings, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 2500: i think i know ever button it that one and even the one that pulls the chevys and fords backwards

Dodge has NEVER put a Cummings motor in a pickup.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Appears that they did: https://www.cummins.com/engines/pickup-truck/cummins-ram-history

Cummins-RAM History

1. Engine Applications
  2. Pickup Truck

Cummins engines have been an option in RAM pickups since 1989. For more than 30 years, we’ve worked with RAM to provide drivers the toughest, most reliable trucks on the road.
From our 5.9-liter, 160-horsepower beginnings to the 6.7-liter, 400-horsepower engines available in today’s RAM pickups, Cummins and RAM lead the way in innovation, power and durability.
Chrysler initially launched the RAM in 1981. Facing stiff competition from Ford and General Motors, RAM needed something unique to carve out its niche.
Cummins and Chrysler officials recognized the mutual benefit of incorporating the new Cummins B-series engine into the RAM. Cummins was a known leader in commercial vehicles, and the B-series represented the company’s first move into the medium-duty pickup arena.
Dodge masterfully engineered the RAM to accommodate the size and power of the Cummins turbo diesel engine, and the first Cummins-powered RAM hit the streets in 1989. With 400 pounds-feet of torque, it roared past the competition. This was the start of a powerful relationship which has grown through the years.
Major Milestones

• 1989: introduced first Cummins-powered RAM
  • 1996: exceeded 200-horsepower
  • 2001: surpassed 500-pound-feet torque
  • 2007: launched 6.7-liter, 350-horsepower engine
  • 2013: reached 385-horsepower, 850 pounds-feet torque
  • 2019: achieved 1,000 pounds-feet torque

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really. Your gonna bust his balls over one added letter. You might want to find better things to worry about.

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Subaru Forester for the wifes commuter car to Fargo. Wanted 4 wheel drive for the winter and decent gas mpg. Looked at all the brands. Hope I picked right.
Subaru’s are good cars, only bad thing I hears is when they get older they can be a pain to work on yourself. I’ve been looking at the ascent but all I can afford is a Nissan ha!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All this time I have been spelling it wrong. Damn county schooling I had. Should of been closed down before my senior year. I now have a dictionary next to my computer but when one does not know how to spell how the hell can one look it up. db

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

There is not enough hours in the day to correct the spelling and grammertical errors made on here. It would be a lost cause.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really. Your gonna bust his balls over one added letter. You might want to find better things to worry about.

Assuming he bought it new, the guy has only been looking @ the same Cummins badge on his ‘97 for 22-23yrs.

I think I read that they put Cummings motors in Doge pickups.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Assuming he bought it new, the guy has only been looking @ the same Cummins badge on his ‘97 for 22-23yrs.

I think I read that they put Cummings motors in Doge pickups.

Now you're just f'ing with us.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As an educated person, i done feel like a fool over this.
But that will pass with time. db

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member

Ok i think i know what your getting at: CUMMINS Diesel

- - - Updated - - -

Brokenback:
Wife bouught 2019 enclave and we will never know all the buttons as we do not need to know all the buttons.
Main thing i found how to override the engine stopping at stop signs.
But went on trip, at 7000 miles started jerking like it was misfiring in Brandson.
Call buick dealer up and he said he knew what was wrong and bring it in.
Seems wrong transmission fuild and so they changed. Said buick had a bulletin out on this. Anyways, ran find after changing fluid.
Did you have a similas problem with your enclave? db

Nothing yet but only have about 3,000 miles on it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66