Shore fishing tomorrow

Spintix

Was hearing that with rising temps shore fishing may be possible along the Missouri near Bismarck this weekend. I was thinking of going out tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can confirm if Beaver Bay has melted down or anywhere near Bismarck. If not I'll probably go up to the tailrace instead. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's really early, the bays will have ice in them for a while, but I'd not venture out on it. You should go driving around and let us all know!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
seen a boat out south of expressway bridge on the Mandan side at 1:30

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fox Island is open. People shore-fish there all the time. I don't know how successful they are..

It's VERY early for shorefishing the river, but you never know..

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no way Beaver is open, i would imagine it will be ice fishing there for several more weeks.

Shrooms4garbage

I was out fishing yesterday bye the memorial bridge Mandan side. Boat came bye around 4pm and had caght a little one right in front of me. Plan on going today

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was hearing that with rising temps shore fishing may be possible along the Missouri near Bismarck this weekend. I was thinking of going out tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can confirm if Beaver Bay has melted down or anywhere near Bismarck. If not I'll probably go up to the tailrace instead. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you

I was driving on 2 feet of solid ice at beav last Saturday so I don't think a few days above freezing did much to change that. There was a little water forming along the edges so I would suspect the edges could be getting soft for driving but walking should be doable.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75