You better think twice.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 1/2 weeks ago I seen a guy drive a full size vehicle across the lake from the NW side of the bridge to the old RR grade. There was OPEN WATER under the bridge!!! He was only a little over 1/4 mile away from open water. I was shaking my head then.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought more people would respond. The article maybe didn't highlight that Deacon was on the bottom waiting for the cab to fill with water so he could open the door. Is the link not working?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The link is working. I read the article. They were extremely lucky.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pulled mine off from the same spot 4 days prior with a full size vehicle. Was looking a little shitty and a few spots that were collecting water and looking really shitty. By the time they took theirs off things looked a whole lot more shitty. They got a little complacent is all. All three really good guys and I had a few sleepless nights thinking about this. Suspect they'll all be fishing next year though.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought more people would respond. The article maybe didn't highlight that Deacon was on the bottom waiting for the cab to fill with water so he could open the door. Is the link not working?

he wasn’t on the bottom it was sinking still I think it’s in 60 feet of water. Lucky the cowboy stopped and roped the one in .

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are they gonna leave it? Or do they need to get it out?

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Think twice even three times don’t hurt !! I’d rather be on 3” solid clear fresh ice than 2 ft of mush!!!!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are they gonna leave it? Or do they need to get it out?

have to get it but heard since it is so deep a company out of Minnesota needs to do it. Now it’s all open so I would assume have to dive off a boat

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the reason those fully cabbed SxS’s scare me. I’ll sacrifice some comfort for my atv that I can hop right off of. Getting trapped in a coffin while sinking sends a shiver up my spine.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really glad these gents got out OK. That was a real "to the heart" kind of story.

I don't give a crap how cold it is and the wind's a blowing, my windows are down whenever on the ice. No iffs, ands, or buts.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
front windshield on my ranger flips up all the way to. It'd make an emergency escape if the doors were blocked by ice and wouldn't open. Hopefully never need to find out how well that works.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw that barge at the gas stop pretty impressive rig. Would be good for vertical jigging looked to stay in one place really well

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those that like the late season ice , Stay away from areas where vehicles have entered the ice because of the dirt/sand/salt deposit from the tires . I learned this the hard way after a fresh snow . Everywhere else was 12- 16 inches at the time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75