Dick's

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just saw a commercial for Dick's. The entire commercial was about the history of the sports bra. Kind of sums up their value to me.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cut down on carbs and do pushups, you can ditch the sports bra in no time...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why the hell would anybody with a conscience shop there. It ranks right up there with going to prairie knights.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple of poor substitutes for bread.

I'd be interested in even a poor substitute for bread , I quit eating it about a year ago and I crave it bad. A slice of Cloverdale tastes like crap without a slice of bread and a gob of butter.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I make chaffles for burger buns, still experimenting with them to get a suitable bun. Had used lettuce for a bun in the past, but real messy and wanted to eliminate the lettuce.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang, I think those chaffles might work pretty well for me, First time I had heard of them .. My luck, Just gave our nice commercial waffle maker away last week had only used it a couple times. I love a good salad but romaine lettuce for a bun dong quite get it, Gonna give them a try, Thanks for sharing. That sugar free catsup is good too , This topic has been from dicks to Betty Crocker

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well i am not voting for him. db

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure how they can call themselves a sporting goods store when, at least in Bismarck, they carry zero fishing gear.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can honestly say I've never been to Dicks. Their initial ad had a t shirt with a sonar screenshot on it that I thought I should have but never searched it out.

Carbs all over beer and bread. Try a couple big leafs of Romaine (when you can find some without e-coli) surrounding that Tangy and butter. Big carb buster.

Lets go Sioux; we need that Penrose cup!!!!!!!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been to Dick's ... but then he's my brother-in-law!

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know beer and bread are essentially carbs in their purest form, but will not be giving up either. Specifically chose those to items to illustrate that I would not be giving up carbs. I think the sports bra commercial does the same thing for Dick's -- illustrates exactly who and what they are. They are as much a sporting goods store as Foot Locker. Shirts, shoes, and sports bras.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to Google what all the chaffles talk was about. That is a new one for me, and one I should try.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate daylight savings time...

What kind of Gomer Pile wants to go to bed when its light out and have to get up at 4 am in June to fish the sunup bite???

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be interested in even a poor substitute for bread , I quit eating it about a year ago and I crave it bad. A slice of Cloverdale tastes like crap without a slice of bread and a gob of butter.

not a poor substitute at all. A piece with some almond butter is a great snack
Ezekiel_Sprouted_Grain_Bread.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82