Robinhood App

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone here dabbling on some of the stocks using the Robinhood app? No commissions or fees. Just curious is anyone has looked at this option of stock trades.

Thumbs Up

Flannel

Robinhood is a great option. Their app does crash often recently due to what is happening with the stocks right now but they resolve the issues pretty quickly. Another good app is the Cash App.
Happy trading!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been using it for about a year. kinda fun dipping your toes into some stocks. Mine is currently in flames from the rapid decline in prices.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the TD Ameritrade app. really easy to use from your phone.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been using it for about a year. kinda fun dipping your toes into some stocks. Mine is currently in flames from the rapid decline in prices.

I first got into stocks about a year before the 2009 financial crisis. I was 25 and dumped in $5k, at the bottom it was down to like $700, I dont think i looked at my account for about a year during that, it was to depressing.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the TD Ameritrade app. really easy to use from your phone.

I have been looking for one to use and keep coming back to Ameritrade. Do they have any fees? I am a complete rookie to stocks but with the current conditions I have been thinking of putting a few $$ in.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should/Could be some great opportunities right now or in the near future. Makes me wanna not pay my boat off today and invest, but I'll play it safe.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, I think pretty much every broker has went commission free. I have Ally and Vanguard and they are both free now. It looks like Robinhood app crashed again today, If they dont have an actual website to trade id be avoiding that like the plague.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went all in last week.....now I guess I will just ride it out. ;:;banghead

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The company itself is hilariously inept. There is a sub-Reddit called Wall Street Bets where the traders on it use it pretty much exclusively. They call themselves autists and have managed to find simple hacks to basically rob Robinhood several times. Robinhood has had to enact several new policies, rules because of them.

The sub itself is the funniest thing on the internet right now.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
so whats the best way to just start dabbling in it? Is there a minimum. Not something i would dump a bunch into just some thing to do

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
If any of you characters are interested in a safe high yielding savings account and or CD rates, check out Marcus by Goldman Sachs. Beats most brick and mortar bank rates by a long shot. 1.70% for a saving acccount and 1.9- 2.05% for a 1yr CD.
I opened up a savings account recently since rates are pitiful at the banks. You are welcome

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been using it for almost a couple years now and just have a weekly automatic deposit set up. Now if I could just go back and buy way more ENPH when it was at $4. If you do sign up make sure you use the referral option so you both get a free stock at least. Like the ability to buy crypto on RH as well.

Stash has had the best ROI for me since you could do fraction share investing on the bigger stocks the whole time which is supposedly available on robinhood now as well. Do all my blue chips through there and use RH more to try to find some diamonds in the rough as well as holding cannabis and crytpo for the long haul.
A guy can definitely waste some time researching stocks to buy, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
so whats the best way to just start dabbling in it? Is there a minimum. Not something i would dump a bunch into just some thing to do

Download the app Robinhood and set up the account and your banking info. You can deposit some funds to invest, however, timing is everything. I've done very well with the bio-med stock Moderna (MRNA) and bought/sold before each swing to pocket $250. Today it dropped 14% again and I immediately bought 20 more shares and will wait for the increase of 10-15% and then cash out.

This is a way to play short term transactions, leaving the growth stocks to the broker. Once we find where the damn bottom is, the market should be pretty good!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Download the app Robinhood and set up the account and your banking info. You can deposit some funds to invest, however, timing is everything. I've done very well with the bio-med stock Moderna (MRNA) and bought/sold before each swing to pocket $250. Today it dropped 14% again and I immediately bought 20 more shares and will wait for the increase of 10-15% and then cash out.

This is a way to play short term transactions, leaving the growth stocks to the broker. Once we find where the damn bottom is, the market should be pretty good!

I just signed up and got on free stock of GME going to go set up a account just for this. Do you ever buy into any of the crypto currency?

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can, but I don't. There's PLENTY of choices right now to get into rather than crypto currencies. KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid!

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the market actually closed today to trading?

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was only a 15-minute delay. It opened back up for the remainder of the day, but continued sliding downhill.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can, but I don't. There's PLENTY of choices right now to get into rather than crypto currencies. KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid!

I am in and my free stock of gme just made me $.31 watch out warren here i come haha. Talk about addicting just watching it all

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75