Call of the Wild

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​The previews looked like the dog was/is computer generated and to me looked very fake. So bad that we decided not to go.

The Grey with Liam Neesom had wolves that were computer generated which was extremely bad.

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the movie was pretty good, but I generally try to remember that it's a movie, and not real life.

Have loved the Jack London books all my life.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
All new movies suck now days, they're all computer generated fake ass shit. Not to mention all the do is make remakes of old movies or the thirty thousandth sequel of a series that are all the same any way. Fast and Furious 27, Rocky 39 and Rambo Last Blood until the next blood.....dumb shit like that, must not have real actors, directors or stuntmen anymore.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
You aren't looking in the right places in my opinion. This is truly the golden age of cinema. You could take the last 5 years of hulu, Netflix, Amazon prime, HBO, Starz, etc... and watch good flix for the next 10 years every night and barely scrape the surface of awesomeness.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also a fan of Jack London. Was debating on going to in theaters but will probably wait till out on rental.

You aren't looking in the right places in my opinion. This is truly the golden age of cinema. You could take the last 5 years of hulu, Netflix, Amazon prime, HBO, Starz, etc... and watch good flix for the next 10 years every night and barely scrape the surface of awesomeness.

I agree that there are some really good tv series on those platforms but movies? Guess I haven't found them yet haha. Im all ears if you have any suggestions!

I will say that we went to the Joker in the theater and thought it was fantastic. A little creepy, but Joaqin Phoenix played that part so damn good.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joaqin Phoenix was awesome in Gladiator. He creeped me out in Joker. I didn't like the movie. The ending was terrible. Hollywood in real life is against the Second Amendment and then turns around and does gun play, violence and murder like that. Not cool.

Robert Deniro is an asshole. He bitches about gun violence in real life but Joker was just a movie. (Acting) He's not responsible for people who can't tell the difference.

shedwalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought the book and enjoyed reading it the second time. The book included White Fang which was a first time read. A great writer.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agree JK! I took the whole family & we all enjoyed it.:D
I thought the movie was pretty good, but I generally try to remember that it's a movie, and not real life.

Have loved the Jack London books all my life.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
when I was young read white fang but never call of the wild. did read the funny book on it years ago and hope to see the movie. db

- - - Updated - - -

folks had a lot of books like this when young including all the tarzan books from an aunt who taught school back in the mid 1900. books still there and may have to look at some and read now that i am retire. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75