Big Net Recommendation

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t catch large pike and musky as often as I like but when I do, I would like to have a large net that wouldn’t shred fins and could hold the fish in the water while unhooking. Any recommendations?

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a brand new Frabill Conservation Series Musky net - never used - still in plastic packaging. I think the model # is 9527.
It has a Pow'r Lok sliding handle. It retailed for about $165....I would sell for $100. Let me know if you are interested. I am located in Devils Lake.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't plan on using it on a daily basis, I'd make a sling using a minnow seine and two broom handles cut to length. It could probably be built for less than 30 bucks and be easy to store rolled up, unlike a hoop net that would take up much more space. I had a minnow seine that was still good after 10 years of light use. Just a thought if you don't want to spend a bunch of money and store a big net. Good Luck!!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a brand new Frabill Conservation Series Musky net - never used - still in plastic packaging. I think the model # is 9527.
It has a Pow'r Lok sliding handle. It retailed for about $165....I would sell for $100. Let me know if you are interested. I am located in Devils Lake.

PM sent. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't plan on using it on a daily basis, I'd make a sling using a minnow seine and two broom handles cut to length. It could probably be built for less than 30 bucks and be easy to store rolled up, unlike a hoop net that would take up much more space. I had a minnow seine that was still good after 10 years of light use. Just a thought if you don't want to spend a bunch of money and store a big net. Good Luck!!

I'm not sure if the buddies I fish with are talented enough to operate such a thing.

catbird

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a big Beckman salmon net used for one week on lake michigan.100.00

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
PM sent. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if the buddies I fish with are talented enough to operate such a thing.

A) You figure that you're the only one in your boat that'll catch a big fish.
B) You don't know my talent. I might have plenty of scooping talent, even if not so much fish-catching talent.

Jaykay

catbird

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't see a model # net is 32 long 30 wide 42 deep. Handle six foot 5in. shortest extended eight foot 8ins. With net 11ft. 4ins

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77